`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reinvented Monster - back to basic training :)

Reinvented Monster - back to basic training :)
I was in a rut. I was not having fun with cards for LONG time!

I sold my Calvin Johnson patch/auto (my entire PC, I know sad PC) this weekend for financial reasons and kept $30 so I can have some sort of collection.

When I was browsing comc, I realized I wasn't going about collecting in the right way. I wanted the highest value card, or rarest Calvin for my buck. I became caught up in the business aspect of the collecting world and was not having fun!! I needed bv or sv reassurance....

I had the BEST time looking for these cards Smile

It's interesting.... I don't have my Calvin anymore, but I'm not upset about it. I'm actually excited to be a COLLECTOR again!

The start of my my PC -

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

RE: Reinvented Monster - back to basic training :)
I dont get it but welcome back? lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Looks to me you are going to buy lions cards you like and enjoy, and not focus on rare and expensive cards anymore... Nothing wrong with that direction... Good luck, and keep us updated...

(06-03-2012, 09:15 AM)branesergen Wrote: I dont get it but welcome back? lol
It's tough to articulate. I wasn't happy collecting. I was happy having value with no real direction. Top unproven rookies, low #'ed patch cards... things that are nice, but shouldn't dictate my interest.

(06-03-2012, 09:19 AM)slotman11 Wrote: Looks to me you are going to buy lions cards you like and enjoy, and not focus on rare and expensive cards anymore...
Pretty much Smile I'm doing what makes me happy instead of trying to make my PayPal grow.

You're actually a part of my renaissance dude. I went to comc to have your Shipley shipped, but didn't want to just ship 1 card and I could NOT find anything that was good enough for $30. Then I browsed Lions cards for HOURS and it was a ton of fun Smile Thanks Slotman Smile
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

(06-03-2012, 09:29 AM)monsterx Wrote: It's tough to articulate. I wasn't happy collecting. I was happy having value with no real direction. Top unproven rookies, low #'ed patch cards... things that are nice, but shouldn't dictate my interest.

Pretty much Smile I'm doing what makes me happy instead of trying to make my PayPal grow.

You're actually a part of my renaissance dude. I went to comc to have your Shipley shipped, but didn't want to just ship 1 card and I could NOT find anything that was good enough for $30. Then I browsed Lions cards for HOURS and it was a ton of fun Smile Thanks Slotman Smile
I am happy to hear you are enjoying your collecting again... I really do agree, if you are not enjoying it, there is just no point... Worst case, if you pick up any Calvins, stay at a certain price limit, or worst case collect some of his better base stuff, etc... Thanks again for snagging a card I need in my PC...

Ahhh I get it now. I thought it was a Calvin thing lol
You gotta do what you enjoy. Ive been doing this for 17 years and my tastes and desires change from year to year. I think my Magic set is the only thing I have actually stuck to besides my Jordans years ago. Gotta do what you have fun and no matter how many changes you make just keep having fun Big Grin
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC