`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
So I was curious.

RE: So I was curious.
(06-03-2012, 12:21 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: So you ask for my perspective and want to attack me for it? You are a condescending jerk for talking to me in such a manner. I am not looking for a scolding on to why I feel as if the idea that I need to pay for a service Beckett provided for free for years is suddenly an item I am FORCED into paying for. All I am doing is answering the question in your stupid pointless thread. If you want people to jump on your bandwagon and all point and laugh at people who do not utilize the org, reword your opening post to do so.
You stated, condescendingly:

"The info you gave them.

They go and list the cards FOR YOU.......... THEY GAVE YOU the info to add the cards. And not to have to search every wheres....."

Then YOU YOURSELF LIST ALL THESE SETS YOU PROVIDED INFO FOR. Do you get PAID for this? NO. Then why do you have to PAY for info you provide.

I don't need Beckett to catalog my cards. Beckett needs US to make the catalog. Its been that way ever since December 1st, 1989 and it will continue to be like that until the end of time. I sure as heck don't need to thank you because you have the time to actually see Beckett forgot to add the Looney Tune Hologram, which are from 1992 mind you.

What you do not realize is the ENORMOUS fees Beckett charges Marketplace dealers. The people are going to be sitting on the computer adding these sets anyways, whether the collectors are adding to the bottom line or not. The best way to maximize profit online is to NOT charge the consumer. Google has proven that. Facebook. Yahoo. The list
goes on and on of billion dollar companies offering free service to consumers from their inception. Beckett has failed miserably in this department. One major reason is because, on the forums, everyone has a voice. People like you feel as if they can shout from whatever mountain top dictating whatever feeling they have and not care about others, but people like you KILLED this site years ago. People like you are what drive other people away from the hobby.

NEVER ask a frickin' question on this board again, have me answer it, and then talk to me like I am a stupid adolescent that does not understand how the world works. It is 100% uncalled for and portrays yourself as a disgusting human being.
+1

For some reason anybody with a couple thousand posts feels they can say whatever they feel like to whomever they like. Apparently he didn't want comments, maybe he should have added that to his original post.

(06-03-2012, 05:57 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Not when you go to the ORG. Do you put the actual card in. Or do you check a box !!!!!!!
You check a box. WHY because BECKETT paid someone to make it so all you had to do was check a box.

My comments in my last post was to show I TALKED to someone and got cards ADDED........ Not sit around and complain it is not listed......

I will comment on the rest in the morning. need to go back and get a few hours of sleep before work.
Ah, then you actually should be charged extra, because instead of just accepting the Org as it is in its failed state, you took the precious time of several Beckett employees to add information into the Org so you may catalog your collection more accurately.

Continue to puff your chest out and act holier than thou. Its truly idiotic that you feel so passionate about a business model that was so successful for 10 years, when it is now charging for the services once provided freely. I never once complained about them charging for the Org. I do think its unfair that, since I canceled my sub., I cannot access any information to delete the contents so I may trade on this site. But I really don't care either. YOU asked. if you don't like the answers DON'T FRICKIN ASK!

There's nothing you could say outside of an apology for the way you have spoke to me in this post. I know what you are trying to say. What you fail to comprehend is that the Org would HAVE to exist whether or not collectors were utilizing it as the Org is needed for the Beckett Marketplace. There's definitely nothing you could say to sway my opinion on the matter. Long term money is more important than a quick buck. Beckett is "quick-bucking" its consumers.

Have fun posting the rest of your dribble. I assume it will continue to be rude and unnecessarily aggressive. Don't care because, instead of actually listening to someone who understand internet marketing and how to make money on the internet, you'd rather argue until you are blue in the face and scream that the business models of Facebook, Google, and Yahoo are wrong. Have fun.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(06-03-2012, 12:21 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: I don't need Beckett to catalog my cards. Beckett needs US to make the catalog. Its been that way ever since December 1st, 1989 and it will continue to be like that until the end of time.
Responding ONLY to this point - that it is ENTIRELY inaccurate.

Beckett's database has by FAR been complied mostly by records received from the card manufacturers, and other INTERNAL (ie Beckett paid staff) research. The amount of records edited, corrected or added by users is a miniscule fraction of 1% of the total listings in the database.

As to the rest of the post, it is becoming interpersonal between the two of you so it's best to lock the thread before someone says something he/she might regret.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.