`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What to do what to do?!?

What to do what to do?!?
Ok so I did a large trade with someone and their package arrived today. Since it was 100 plus cards they put it in a card box. Problem is they were all with out Penny sleeves and a bunch came with dinged corners. Now they are all 2011 stuff. When I told the trader they said for me to send them back to the card companies. So should I just send them back to Panini, Topps, and Press Pass and hope for replacements?
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

RE: What to do what to do?!?
I think its the person you traded with's responsibility to make sure those cards were well protected before they went out. If they didn't take the proper precautions, why should you be the one to pay the money to send the cards back to the companies for replacements?
Eddie George Super Collector

sending them back to the card companies would be seriously dishonest since one must presume that the dings came after they were pulled from the package. Sounds like the guy is someone you don't want to be trading with

Cool story bro, this is a no-brainer. Your issues are w/ this trader you dealt w/ not any card company. Why on earth would you even consider sending them looking for replacements? Don't even answer that, because you won't.
[Image: flo.jpg]
Sadistically collecting Chad OchoCinco Johnson
non 1/1's 2660/3840 69.25% complete

*Every time you use the word "MOJO" an angel gets full blown aids*

(05-29-2012, 04:20 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: I think its the person you traded with's responsibility to make sure those cards were well protected before they went out. If they didn't take the proper precautions, why should you be the one to pay the money to send the cards back to the companies for replacements?
why should it be the card companies responsibility - if (as really happened) drop my UD mascot card and damage the edge right after purchase, that is all on me - its not Upper Deck's responsibility.

The original poster didn't even purchase the cards from the company - it is not the company's responsibility here. It is the person he traded with's responsibility.

(05-29-2012, 04:27 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: why should it be the card companies responsibility - if (as really happened) drop my UD mascot card and damage the edge right after purchase, that is all on me - its not Upper Deck's responsibility.

The original poster didn't even purchase the cards from the company - it is not the company's responsibility here. It is the person he traded with's responsibility.
I'm not saying its the card companies responsibility at all. Let see if I can say this a bit better. Why would it be the OP's responsibility to send cards into the card company, pay his own money, for a trade he made with someone. If the guy he traded with, wants to be the dishonest one and spend his own money to make the trade right, then so be it. It should NEVER be put on the receivers end, in a situation like this.

But as for it be the card companies fault, it is not. It is all on the person who sent them and did not properly protect the cards in the first place.
Eddie George Super Collector

(05-29-2012, 04:20 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: I think its the person you traded with's responsibility to make sure those cards were well protected before they went out. If they didn't take the proper precautions, why should you be the one to pay the money to send the cards back to the companies for replacements?
That's what I was thinking. Something tells me they were damaged before he sent them.
(05-29-2012, 04:31 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: I'm not saying its the card companies responsibility at all. Let see if I can say this a bit better. Why would it be the OP's responsibility to send cards into the card company, pay his own money, for a trade he made with someone. If the guy he traded with, wants to be the dishonest one and spend his own money to make the trade right, then so be it. It should NEVER be put on the receivers end, in a situation like this.

But as for it be the card companies fault, it is not. It is all on the person who sent them and did not properly protect the cards in the first place.
See I told him that too. I said I couldn't send the cards in because I wasn't the original buyer. I offered to send it back to him and reverse the trade but he told me flat out no.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

Can you pm me the name of this trader, if it was done on here, cause it sounds like I should avoid them in future transactionsSmile
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

Well I would leave appropriate feedback and blast the guy but that's how I do dishonest people....

(05-29-2012, 04:31 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: That's what I was thinking. Something tells me they were damaged before he sent them.

See I told him that too. I said I couldn't send the cards in because I wasn't the original buyer. I offered to send it back to him and reverse the trade but he told me flat out no.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(05-29-2012, 04:43 PM)bigdehart64 Wrote: Can you pm me the name of this trader, if it was done on here, cause it sounds like I should avoid them in future transactionsSmile
+1. not looking for you to call him/her out but man would love to stay away from this member.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson