`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can someone gaurantee a rackpack will have a variation card?

How can someone gaurantee a rackpack will have a variation card?
I was shopping ebay to see what some of the 2012 Topps series one Short Print variations were selling for when I noticed someone was selling a Jumbo Rackpack "hotpack". He gauranteed there would be a Variation card inside and implies he has no idea which one it will be by putting (squirrel?) in the title.

How does he know with certainty that there is a variation card inside?

RE: How can someone gaurantee a rackpack will have a variation card?
cuz he opened it(carefully) took out all the big name prospects put in a high numbered random prospect and resealed the pack...most likely Smile
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

that is true. u see them all the time on ebay. in fact they r doing it for the 12 bowman packs. claiming they are hot packs. i have seen them sell for around 13-15. 5 extra dollars and u can get a blaster. stay away!!
thanks

stay away... u will get a variation of someone u dont care about n has no resale value
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

I've noticed this on ebay recently too. I assumed that the UPC code or serial number on the packs may be different.

[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I have also seen Rack Packs and FOIL packs guaranteed to contain a certain player....lol....love that one.

stay away
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I suppose they might be resealing the packs. I was just wondering it there was some sort of legitemate way they can tell. I know if you open a box that gaurantees X # of autos and you come down to the last pack and don't have all the autos they could assume there is one in the last pack. I just can't phathom there is a way to do this with the variation SPs. I will take everyones advice and stay away.

Also should be noted no "Hot Pack" dealers are currently defending themselves on this thread....