`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the better hobby future jeter or ken griffey jr

RE: Who has the better hobby future jeter or ken griffey jr
Jeter- because he's a lifelong yankee. Can't match that pedigree.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Jeter NY + Rings
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

(05-09-2012, 06:35 PM)beginesj Wrote: Jeter!!
This.

Jeter, because he is a Yankee.

Jeter.....because the yankees will always be well known baseball organization, if he was a mariners...he wouldnt be as popular
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Me as a Jeter collector I will tell you honestly I was a huge Griffey fan back on the late 80's and early 90's but he has no chance to compete in value like the Jeter cards demand. Believe me whan I say this but there are a few Jeter cards though I wish I could get them there will be no way in the world. I am happy to have what I have and slowly build on the collection.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I believe they will be equal in their own right. Each have achieved stats that will take 20 years or more to touch by any new player. Had Griffey not endured so many injuries and slowed his pace to 700 home runs I would have picked Griffey above Jeter. Jeter may have the history of Yankee Empire to support his pricing, but Jeter has put up the numbers too. Griffey's shortfall is that he did not play in a large market area until he was traded to the Reds. Both were young when they began their career on the MLB stage.

However, I believe in the long run 20, 30, and 40 years from now these two guys will be as legendary as Ruth, Cobb, Foxx, and so on. As far as value is concerned the true worth of something is dictated by its rarity, the buyer, and what they are willing to pay for a given item. Sellers will never dictate the value. My hope is the value of Griffey stuff stays level so I can afford it. Smile

[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

I hate the Yankees but the answer is Jeter, no doubt about it. He's played for more championship teams and wasn't as injured as Ken
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

It's clearly Jeter, and I am a huge Griffey fan and have a large Griffey collection from the 90's. He has championship rings, and Yankees pinstripes, and was voted captain by his peers I believe which very few Yankees ever have. Add to the fact that Jeter is still playing at a high level and if there is anyone in history who has a shot at Pete Rose all-time hits record, Jeter is the guy with that shot, not sure he will hang in there that long though.
Collecting Eric Hosmer and Alex Gordon
[Image: tperks.gif]
Do not trade list: charbs1111