`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously?

Seriously?
Getting really tired of seeing this. I understand that card manufacturers send jerseys out to other companies that cut 'em up and they get back a bunch of little bits and pieces in ziplocks but one would think that if your job was to make cards you would have half a clue about sports, teams and their logos....

Check out the habs logo:
http://tinyurl.com/7pfacp8

Way to put it in upside down.

Really Panini, REALLY?!?!

/rant
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

RE: Seriously?
The fact that the BIN is $1,300 is more of an absurdity than the upside down patch in my opinion!

But I agree, it's pretty much inexcusable. I understand the sheer volume of cards being manufactured, but there's something called quality assurance that customers are kind of sticklers for.
[Image: BeckettSigChris.jpg]
[Image: BeckettSignatureEDIT.jpg]

Haha, thats exactly what i was going to say. Nobody in their right mind would be that much. I would think between 200-400.

(05-07-2012, 04:32 PM)The-Joker Wrote: The fact that the BIN is $1,300 is more of an absurdity than the upside down patch in my opinion!

But I agree, it's pretty much inexcusable. I understand the sheer volume of cards being manufactured, but there's something called quality assurance that customers are kind of sticklers for.

(05-07-2012, 04:32 PM)The-Joker Wrote: The fact that the BIN is $1,300 is more of an absurdity than the upside down patch in my opinion!

It is so fitting that you put the words Panini and quality assurance in the same sentence on a sports cards forum and you have a picture of the JOKER as your banner ;-)

Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

Yea but it is a 1 of 1 as it is the only one upside down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Smile

(05-07-2012, 05:12 PM)hockeyvadim Wrote: It is so fitting that you put the words Panini and quality assurance in the same sentence on a sports cards forum and you have a picture of the JOKER as your banner ;-)
Big Grin
Well played, sir.
[Image: BeckettSigChris.jpg]
[Image: BeckettSignatureEDIT.jpg]

personnally, i just find it strange a green patch on pacioretty swatch
Collecting 2006-07 Paul Stastny & Dustin Tokarski
www.marclemagnifique.weebly.com
[Image: 1794915_orig.gif]

At least its a Canadiens logo. When did they get green in their jersey??? Whats up with the Max Pacioretty patch?

(05-08-2012, 08:12 AM)marclemagnifique Wrote: personnally, i just find it strange a green patch on pacioretty swatch
That too, Hamilton Bulldogs dont even have green. Obv a Devils Jersey.

Yeah Im not thinking about buying it, it just popped up in one of my searches. There are so many things wrong with this card, hell be lucky to get $200 imo
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

The Green is from one of the Jerseys used by the Habs during their 100th season (throwback)

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=habs+cente...1,s:0,i:73

Hope that helps

Personally, upside down or not, the card is gorgeous. The fact that the patches (3 out of 4 at least) are from 100th anniversary jerseys makes it even more collectable (not $1300 collectable, but still....)
Currently Collecting Patrick Roy, PK Subban and Carey Price.

My Bucket http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/adamslogik2/