Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand Name to collect?

Brand Name to collect?
new to collecting...

looking to buy some boxes of hockey cards w/ the packs in them. Which series or manufacturer would u rec. (upperdeck etc.)

Also instead of making another thread who do u also rec for football,baseball basketball

thanks,
Photobucket

RE: Brand Name to collect?
How much are you looking to spend?
I enjoy the lower end cards, mostly budget based
Score is my favourite bang for the back
You can get boxs for $30-$35

Other memebrs here can give you more information on the more expensive stuff
Back in the Game!!

upper deck products hold their value the best, just go all out and buy a box of the cup..$500+ ..j/k
sp authentic $115-$200 per, o-pee-chee \$30-$100, crown royale $100 per....these are what i prefer.
take a look at ebay and see what look you like first before you commit to buying a box. my .02

On the lower end I enjoy 11/12 Pinnacle and 10/11 Donruss the most, especially if you just want some fun and maybe to start some sets instead of making a big profit. Moving up a bit towards the $70-$100 range I like UD Series 1 or 2 in most recent years. Past a hundred bucks I don't know, I never drop that much on a single hobby box.
[Image: BeckettSigChris.jpg]
[Image: BeckettSignatureEDIT.jpg]

So many choices. A lot of it will depend on how much you want to spend on a box. Are you looking for resale value? Check auction sites and see what some of the cards look like and take it from there.
I just started collecting again this year and tried a little bit of everything except the high end stuff. I personally like the Parkhurst, Crown Royale and ITG Captain C.

i personaly buy upper deck the most from low to mid hobby box in most sports, if there is some high end product that i would like to get a set of i usually buy a lot of the cards and then work at getting the single i need to finish the set

OPC, only way to go.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

Thanks everyone! Love the feedback Smile
Photobucket

I refuse to answer ur question until I know what type of collector you are! Tongue do you want to build sets? collect autos? jerseys? team collect? That's gunna be what determines what box you should get.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

It is hard to say unless your preferences are known and a rough budget.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/