Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!! Going Mad..Do these exist????

HELP!! Going Mad..Do these exist????
Hi All,

In my anal attempts at collecting every Canucks card that has been released in packs and not sports show stamped stuff. I have come across in my long long search for a card that I do not believe exists. I'm assuming others here have been having the same problem and I need to get to the bottom of this.

The set is the 1991-92 Parkhurst French Update Set. They released a 25 card update set with numbers 451-475. From all of my research I have found that ONLY ENGLISH of this set was released. I've seen the English set and still looking for the 462 Bure if there is anyone out there that has one they will give up.

Can anyone else prove me wrong? And if this is the case how do we go about getting Beckett to confirm this and removing the French from the site as its only confusing other members are seeking cards that don't exist.

Any help or comments appreciated.

Thanks

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!

RE: HELP!! Going Mad..Do these exist????
(04-30-2012, 12:29 AM)jowlsisacanucksfan Wrote: Hi All,

In my anal attempts at collecting every Canucks card that has been released in packs and not sports show stamped stuff. I have come across in my long long search for a card that I do not believe exists. I'm assuming others here have been having the same problem and I need to get to the bottom of this.

The set is the 1991-92 Parkhurst French Update Set. They released a 25 card update set with numbers 451-475. From all of my research I have found that ONLY ENGLISH of this set was released. I've seen the English set and still looking for the 462 Bure if there is anyone out there that has one they will give up.

Can anyone else prove me wrong? And if this is the case how do we go about getting Beckett to confirm this and removing the French from the site as its only confusing other members are seeking cards that don't exist.

Any help or comments appreciated.

Thanks
ahh, ive only seen english, never seen that update set in french
but im sure our french collectors would know 100%.
my bet would be parkhurst rushed it out and never released
a french version.
AND TO CONFIRM MY MEMORY HERES A LINK, THE FRENCH DOES STOP AT 450 http://www.thewantlist.ca/reviews/by-the...parkhurst/

Haha, apparently 2 people have one for trade. So itll be interesting to see if they do exist..... good luck finding out.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

I would be very interested in knowing the answer to this question as well. I have been looking for the two Lemieux's for a while now and never seen them.

I also have never seen the French set... Just landed a set for $25 and its the cheapest I've seen in a while. I do have doubles from the set - Lemieux being one of them. Sorry, no Bure double
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

I have an english set which I bought back 7-8 years ago for $40. I have never seen a french version.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

Not to hijack this thread in anyway, but can anyone confirm the existence of any of this stuff that I have never laid eyes on?

90-99 Kenner SLU pieces Mario Lemieux #17 (collector's edition)
1994-95 Action Packed Coasters Mario Lemieux #52
1994-95 Action Packed Badge of Honour #27 Lemieux
(some of the intended cards from this set were released and others were not. Not sure about the Mario's.)
1996-97 Maple Leaf Postcards #2 Lemieux (with Potvin) -Apparently sold at Leaf games

only seen English never seen French
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I've seen other articles on the web as well this set didn't get released I'm 100% sure of it now, there is no way that none of us in all our years + google would not be able to find a card. Now after all of this how do we get Beckett to remove them because its going to give a lot of people headaches for years to come.

I've removed the French version from the wantlist! Man I love doing that haha only 13000+ more to go and counting :p

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!

(04-30-2012, 07:16 AM)jowlsisacanucksfan Wrote: I've seen other articles on the web as well this set didn't get released I'm 100% sure of it now, there is no way that none of us in all our years + google would not be able to find a card. Now after all of this how do we get Beckett to remove them because its going to give a lot of people headaches for years to come.

I've removed the French version from the wantlist! Man I love doing that haha only 13000+ more to go and counting :p

I agree, there needs to be away to get beckett to remove these cards from their database. There is nothing more painful than searching for cards that do not exist!