`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perception of Press Pass

Perception of Press Pass
I have been a long time collector but have been idle for a few years.

Back in the day, Press Pass use to be that okay product that you would buy just to hold you over until the first wave of Topps, Donruss, and UD would hit.

As more products came out, no one wanted anything to do with Press Pass anymore.

I don't get that same impression anymore. I think Press Pass has increased its quality and I love some of the subsets. In fact, I am thinking of collecting the 2011 Legends Past & Present set.

What are your thoughts on Press Pass in general?

RE: Perception of Press Pass
PP has definitely started to up their game in the past couple of years, taking advantage of Panini's "Ive seen that before" style and UD's lack-luster style.
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

They have exclusive pre-rookie draft rights to Andrew Luck, so he won't be in any UD products. Just another reason to be impressed with Press Pass this season.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

It sucks that they don't have any licensing though, so the player pictures are usually an eyesore.

(04-28-2012, 11:34 AM)all day baby Wrote: They have exclusive pre-rookie draft rights to Andrew Luck, so he won't be in any UD products. Just another reason to be impressed with Press Pass this season.
Wow, that is interesting. I didn't know that.

I am quite pleased with the way they are *now announcing print runs on Red Inks & Inscriptions makes them an attractive product. Although some cards seem like an endless hunt.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

I've always been a press pass homer - and have always (except this year for medical reasons) bought a box and busted it during the draft......then quickly sell them, and buy back whatever I wanted for 1/4 price 3 months later.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Ive always loved press pass, as i collect college as much as nfl, but i wont buy any since they have to take off logos...looks way too wierd for me. Would you buy an nfl product where the logos were photoshoped out?

IMO you can't go wrong with PP. They have a great selection of player autos and some can only be found in PP. The inscriptions and red inks add a great touch for the chase collector. And the fact that 99% are on card autos is a huge + for me.
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]