`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random thought for the day: Book cards

Random thought for the day: Book cards
Just wondering what everyone thinks of these. They are becoming more and more common, especially in the high end products. I love the look of the new Playbook ones, the look awesome. (IMO) Having said that.... I HATE BOOK CARDS. They're hard to display, hard to protect adequately, and they are becoming so common that it isn't even special anymore. They were cool when it was an 8-way auto or something, but now you have some 5 Star books complete with 1 color patches and an auto of one rookie? Come on. I really like a lot of the individual book cards (rare high end ones that require a book style due to 6 /8 autos, etc), but I hate the idea of book cards in every box, as the trend seems to be. Your thoughts?

RE: Random thought for the day: Book cards
Agree with you 100%, especially on the trying to display while protecting the booklet.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

I'm not a fan of mass producing them, I think that they should be numbered to 25 or less. Panini and Topps should only release them in 1 high end product a piece. IMO it also should never have a sticker on it.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

Book cards are very nice, but they get damaged way to easily. Therefore I stay away from them.
Collecting Jaiquawn Jarrett and Jeremy Maclin
Jaiquawn Jarrett - 36/40 90%
[Image: THgDe-1.gif]
[Image: Trotter1-1.jpg]

If Ultra Pro or BCW would get of their lazy asses and make some magnetic booklet cases for both sizes so I can actually display them, I would be a happy camper... The guy flogging them on eBay for $20 each is absolutely ridiculous...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(04-13-2012, 04:49 PM)superynaldo Wrote: If Ultra Pro or BCW would get of their lazy asses and make some magnetic booklet cases for both sizes so I can actually display them, I would be a happy camper... The guy flogging them on eBay for $20 each is absolutely ridiculous...
YEA but he is making out pretty good on them too
[Image: supbullcoc1.jpg]

Collection Completion
GU - 131
AU - 219
1/1 - 25
total - 478
478/858 55.710/100%

(04-13-2012, 04:53 PM)supbullcoc Wrote: YEA but he is making out pretty good on them too
Sure is... I have WAY too many booklets to display at $20 a pop... I have them in 360 Pt Ultra Pro Mags right now, but I would love to display them... I pay $2 for those, how in the world does he justify $20??? Oh well, maybe one day...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin