`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been thinking about selling off most of my collection...

Been thinking about selling off most of my collection...
Just got a new car and could use some extra $$$. It's nothing urgent, just something I've been thinking of so I could have some more "spending" money for things other than cards. I don't really have time the time/money for collecting right now. I haven't really been into the buying/trading for a bit now. Anyone got any advice/insight? Thanks. Smile

*Edited out my poor grammar* Big Grin

RE: Been thinking about selling off most of my collection...
Cardboard is just that. Cardboard. Cars are much more fun. The Ducks and Chargers will be around for a long time. I would say keep a few of your favorites and part with the rest. Ebay, wax, trading sites and card shows will be waiting when you feel its okay to come back. Enjoy your new car! Congrats.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(04-10-2012, 03:32 AM)mrgonzodad Wrote: Cardboard is just that. Cardboard. Cars are much more fun. The Ducks and Chargers will be around for a long time. I would say keep a few of your favorites and part with the rest. Ebay, wax, trading sites and card shows will be waiting when you feel its okay to come back. Enjoy your new car! Congrats.

Thanks. That's what I've been thinking of doing. I'll be keeping a few of my favorites if I do choose to sell off my stuff. Problem being, my favorite stuff is my higher end stuff that'd net me the most profits. Sad Thanks for the insight gonzo.

You are in a tough spot. I would pick out a few highend cards that I wouldn't miss all that much and sell those. Part with most of the stuff that if you wanted to, you could replace when you feel like it. Part with all of the lower end. You should be able to bank an ok amount after that.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

I'd hate to see you go but I understand. If your ducks need a good home I'm here
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

(04-10-2012, 08:59 AM)rogue655 Wrote: I'd hate to see you go but I understand. If your ducks need a good home I'm here
I just knew you would jump in here and grab them up...Smile
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Do you have any BGS/BVG graded cards you need to get rid of?
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

It's sad to this happen, but I understand. I've been thinking about doing the same thing though. I don't think I'll ever fully give up though. I'm restructuring my collection and collecting habits. I've spent WAY too money the last couple of years. Just not "worth" it anymore. Good luck!

Thanks for your input everyone. You guys here will get first dibs if I do decide to go through with this. I'll still visit here and check in with you guys. Thanks again.

I agree with gonzo and I think you should keep your favorites and sell off the others. Cards will always be here and you can come back for them.
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/Kylebucksfan/
Collecting Andy Dalton, Tyler Eifert, Jermaine Gresham and Bengals

[Image: Bengalsnightbanner_zps050bbaf3.jpg]