Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vermont Card Shop
Wink 
Vermont Card Shop
I'm interested in hearing from collectors in northern Vermont and any card shop owners that might have some feedback on owning/starting up a card shop. There's only one card shop in my area and I've been toying with the idea of turning this into more than just a hobby. Some of my questions to start with:
How do you go about building up inventory to start with?
Do most shops go through a distributor or buy direct from the manufacturer?
Do you see more sales from walk in customers or do the bulk of your business thru the internet?
Just curious about people's thoughts on this.

Thanks for looking and any feedback you have.
Collecting Patriots, Red Sox, and Bruins

RE: Vermont Card Shop
I had this though one time but it quickly got shot down. The card manufacturers wNt pics of store front and inventory before they will set you up an account so you already have to be up and running to get unlocked stuff unless you have somewhere else to b wholesale. Also with places like DA Cardworld and other online sellers they can cut your prices so much since they don't have as much overhead (or maybe they just do so much business they don't have to make as big of a per box profit) that unless you have a lot of singles it would be hard to make it. The only way you will make any money off of unlocked wax is from the people who don't like to wait for things to ship to them and understand that a storefront has to make more than a website.