Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Opinions on my collection
Big Grin 
Need Opinions on my collection
Ok... so I'm stumped on what to do with my sale's. The ones u see in my sig are old additions. I'm guessing if on ebay I sold each card individually I could get $1200. Now here's the question. I'm a huge Chris Sale fan and white sox fan but should I do it? His cards are at top dollar right now. I just don't want him to get injured and be out for a season or two. His cards would drop enormously. But on the up side... what if he wins the cy young? All of the great pitchers have won the cy young... my cards would be a gold mine. But on the other hand... what if Jered Weaver comes in and robs him of it? WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

RE: Need Opinions on my collection
Personally I'm not really a buy/sell guy - I just buy pretty much haha. But I would consider selling some of his cards that I know I could get back (i.e. keep 1/1s). Sell during the peak now and buy back at a later date (maybe the offseason). I guess he could go up some more with something like a CY award, but the odds are that they will settle down from the peak right now.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

im general, awards dont usually give bumps in prices. even election in the hof doesnt usually give a long term bump

For my long time PC guys (Jeter, Sweeney, and Grant Desme) I will not sell their cards. I'd keep them!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

There is a lot more than awards that goes into value. Bret Saberhagen has multiple Cy Youngs and his cards arent gold mines.

Really depends on your goals as a collector...if you're just collecting Sale to sell, then this is the time to do it. If it's a PC, then hang on to them. Like others have said, I wouldn't sell any of my PC items. Cutch is selling well right now, but that's not why I collect him. Duke's prices have stayed pretty consistent, even after his death.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

(07-09-2012, 08:35 PM)iconms Wrote: Personally I'm not really a buy/sell guy - I just buy pretty much haha. But I would consider selling some of his cards that I know I could get back (i.e. keep 1/1s). Sell during the peak now and buy back at a later date (maybe the offseason). I guess he could go up some more with something like a CY award, but the odds are that they will settle down from the peak right now.
I really like this idea.

(07-09-2012, 09:15 PM)rpspenner Wrote: Really depends on your goals as a collector...if you're just collecting Sale to sell, then this is the time to do it. If it's a PC, then hang on to them. Like others have said, I wouldn't sell any of my PC items. Cutch is selling well right now, but that's not why I collect him. Duke's prices have stayed pretty consistent, even after his death.
I never intended to sell them. I collected him long b4 he became popular and I never thought his cards would go up. But I really want an MJ auto... and some money towards a tier one case. But what I should have asked... do you guys think his cards will go up? I mean, it already seems like they're at his peak. And I like the idea of keeping the 1/1's and selling the more common ones... then picking em' up cheaper later.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(07-09-2012, 09:20 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: I really like this idea.

I never intended to sell them. I collected him long b4 he became popular and I never thought his cards would go up. But I really want an MJ auto... and some money towards a tier one case. But what I should have asked... do you guys think his cards will go up? I mean, it already seems like they're at his peak. And I like the idea of keeping the 1/1's and selling the more common ones... then picking em' up cheaper later.
I think you're right--his cards are definitely near their peek. If you're thinking of parting with some of them, now seems like the time.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends