`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake Pujols patch??

RE: Fake Pujols patch??
That is 100% fake, or topps isnt using game used jerseys on their card.

The logo patch on the front of the jersey is not that texture.

Please notice on the first picture what the bat looks like, then look at the card's bat. This is a FAKE replica jersey.

The second picture is a authentic, on field jersey. Please notice the difference.

[Image: FreeseFake.jpg]

[Image: JeryseReal.jpg]

Only way those are real patches is if they are off of some sort of arm patch with the cardinals logo, which i cant think of one that looks like that.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(04-02-2012, 08:29 PM)Krangry Wrote: That is 100% fake, or topps isnt using game used jerseys on their card.

The logo patch on the front of the jersey is not that texture.

Please notice on the first picture what the bat looks like, then look at the card's bat. This is a FAKE replica jersey.

The second picture is a authentic, on field jersey. Please notice the difference.

[Image: FreeseFake.jpg]

[Image: JeryseReal.jpg]

Only way those are real patches is if they are off of some sort of arm patch with the cardinals logo, which i cant think of one that looks like that.
Have to agree the top of the bat mirrors the 1st jersey you posted. I wouldn't put it past topps to use non game used pieces at all. However the back of the card dosen't say game used or woren by pujols. All it states is that it's a piece of memorabilia which could be about anything....
Trade Site

ALWAYS COLLECTING ALEX RODRIGUEZ RC, AUTO'S

My thoughts!

First, the card does not appear to be altered and this would suggest that the card itself is legit.

Second, we all should be aware by now that the entire industry is producing or is having produced replica type items that are being used to manufacture memoribila type cards for all their products.

In their defence, I believe this is being done to offer todays collecting audiance what they want, (Fancy, Good Looking, Limited issue cards). However, to a more structured collector who wants everything to be absolutely authentic, they will probably always view the types of items to be questionable or FAKE.

This will eventually cause a lot of confusion for all tyes of collectors and will also be a problem for Beckett and others to establish pricing because it will all have to be sorted out into catagories. ie, Authentic, Replica ect.

Ligit card but JMO.
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel