Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Note about trading.
Thumbs Up 
Note about trading.
I mentioned a while back that I was taking a break for a while. Lack of shipping money and such. Still working on our house, son had spring break, we did a little vacationing as well.. Anyway, I've gotten a few messages about needs... and a whole bunch of "You've been sent a trade offer" emails followed by "______ has declined your trade offer" emails from the same users. I said I was taking a break but people should feel free to make offers and I'd get to them when I came back. If you have no patience, don't make the offer. I'm not angry, it's just annoying.

One good collecting note:
We went to the Kentucky @ Tennessee baseball series and I got a few Austin Cousino sigs. Coach Henderson gave my son a ball and Paul McConkey who's from Knoxville but plays for UK gave him a ball and then took it and had the team sign it for him during a rain delay.
My son also got the entire UT teams auto's too.

Bad note for me:
I got a pretty good sun burn on my face and arms (ballgame tan) during Sunday's double header (completion of Saturday's game) and went to Dollywood on Monday ending up with a bad case of sun poisoning. I've had sunburn on almost my entire body before and didn't get sick from it. Sun poisoning is a beach!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather.

RE: Note about trading.
Cold and wet here in CT

Wow that sucks man.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

[quote='0mattinglyalexander0' pid='1963892' dateline='1333216880']
I mentioned a while back that I was taking a break for a while. Lack of shipping money and such. Still working on our house, son had spring break, we did a little vacationing as well.. Anyway, I've gotten a few messages about needs... and a whole bunch of "You've been sent a trade offer" emails followed by "______ has declined your trade offer" emails from the same users. I said I was taking a break but people should feel free to make offers and I'd get to them when I came back. If you have no patience, don't make the offer. I'm not angry, it's just annoying.

I wouldn't take it personal if people send offers and then decline after no response. Some may not have seen your message on the boards. I sometimes send offers to people and if they go without response after a couple of days even though the traders are active. I'll just cancel. Part of me feels that maybe they don't want to decline or say you have nothing for me,and so they wait for you to cancel what you sent. If I get trade request but don't have time to check them i'll atleast tell that trader that i'm busy but will check them very soon. THis atleast lets people know you are interested in making a deal. Overall i wouldn't sweat it.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Sorry to upset you. I did that because when I need something I send an offer to everyone who has it who has been on here recently. I traded for most of the cards I needed from you with someone else. I will send an offer over for the rest of what I need.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

(03-31-2012, 03:28 PM)toddaray Wrote: Sorry to upset you. I did that because when I need something I send an offer to everyone who has it who has been on here recently. I traded for most of the cards I needed from you with someone else. I will send an offer over for the rest of what I need.
It wasn't you or anyone in perticular. I'm not upset really.