`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Heritage Retail + Hobby on my box busts

2012 Heritage Retail + Hobby on my box busts
I noticed something very odd when the new Heritage came out. I first bought 3 blaster boxes from Walmart. Opened them, sorted and put most of the cards into a binder to begin the base set collection. I then ordered 2 hobby boxes. After I sorted those and began to place them in the pages, I nearly had a complete set of the base set. But weird thing is, after sorting the hobby cards in to numerical order, the numbers of the set I was missing from the hobby, were the exact numbers in the set of retail cards I had in my binder. In other words, 3 blaster boxes worth of cards and I had 3 duplicates after sorting out my hobby boxes. I was left only missing 4 cards of the 425 card base set. Very odd

RE: 2012 Heritage Retail + Hobby on my box busts
That is weird. Did you account for color swaps and sp's? Also remember there are different parallels from walmart too.

(03-29-2012, 08:52 PM)CaptWhifflebat Wrote: I noticed something very odd when the new Heritage came out. I first bought 3 blaster boxes from Walmart. Opened them, sorted and put most of the cards into a binder to begin the base set collection. I then ordered 2 hobby boxes. After I sorted those and began to place them in the pages, I nearly had a complete set of the base set. But weird thing is, after sorting the hobby cards in to numerical order, the numbers of the set I was missing from the hobby, were the exact numbers in the set of retail cards I had in my binder. In other words, 3 blaster boxes worth of cards and I had 3 duplicates after sorting out my hobby boxes. I was left only missing 4 cards of the 425 card base set. Very odd

Consider yourself lucky haha. I've gone through about 4 Blasters and 2 Hobby boxes and I'm still short around 50 cards for the 425 base set...this is after trading a ton of doubles. I ended up with so so so many doubles from the blasters alone.
[Image: lincecumbanner.jpg]

(03-29-2012, 10:28 PM)TheHammer417 Wrote: Consider yourself lucky haha. I've gone through about 4 Blasters and 2 Hobby boxes and I'm still short around 50 cards for the 425 base set...this is after trading a ton of doubles. I ended up with so so so many doubles from the blasters alone.
+1
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.