`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to hockey please help

New to hockey please help
I am new to hockey collecting, but have collected football, baseball, and basketball for some time. I'm looking for suggestions on brands to collect and those to avoid. I appreciate the help
Looking for:
Shane Vereen
2010 Panini Threads CJ Spiller letter "I"
Topps Magic Autos
2010 Topps Prime Rookie Autographs

Check My Bucket and Sub-Folders
http://photobucket.com/jlombardi24

RE: New to hockey please help
Upper Deck is always interesting to collect, but they are a difficult company to deal with if there are problems. The Cup is great to collect, but expensive. My favorite bang for the buck is In The Game.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

I agree with dam1057, In The Game gives the best bang for the buck. Upper Deck is great until a problem arises. Panini is alright but has tons of redemptions.

i would say try a few boxes and see for yourself as everyone has there own preference i myself like SPA and the ICE by upperdeck because of the price point

If you looking for only NHL cards than stay away from In the Game as they only do sets of prospects in their minor league or junior days.

I like most Upper Deck stuff as there is a variety of designs, where as Panini tends to all look similar to me.

Upper deck is my choice.

i wouldnt go with just a specific brand...depends on your price point.

If you are looking low end i would choose Score (Panini) over Victory (Upper Deck)
Higher end than that i would choose Artifacts (Upper Deck) over Certified (Panini)

(03-31-2012, 04:51 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: If you looking for only NHL cards than stay away from In the Game as they only do sets of prospects in their minor league or junior days.

I like most Upper Deck stuff as there is a variety of designs, where as Panini tends to all look similar to me.
Captains is prospects only? ITG Ultimate?
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

let me ask you this, are you planning on buying singles or busting wax?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)