Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A Tale Of Week's Past

A Tale Of Week's Past
Good day Beckett Community.

It has been a while since I have been able to do more than sort through Trade statuses, and there is good reason for that. As it is, last Saturday my small neighborhood was rocked pretty hard. My neighbor deemed that his life was not worth living and took matters into his own hands. I was not home for the incident, but arrived back to a slew of police cars and a Forensics Unit operating to my immediate left. I was shocked to hear the news that we had lost a great neighbor and friend, and all I can do is pray for his family, try to maintain and wonder.

It has affected me in a negative matter, but not in the way that many would think. I have a lot of turmoil and hardships rampant in my life right now, and I am trying my best to cope. This particular happening hit me close to home and my heart, and it has brought many a concern for myself into my mind. The past week has been a battle in my thoughts and on my body, as I am also still dealing with my neck/back injury.

I am feeling a lot better, thanks to my Girl, the medical staff at the Base Hospital and my wonderful son and step-daughter. I know that I am back into the place that I want to be.

There are also some great members of this community that I would like to thank, as collecting is a huge part of my life, and the hobby brings me some much needed "me time". So to Mike (chiefbrody66), Richard (titan501ca), Ryan (rczubaty), Walt (pens1fan) and Todd (tepee28) a huge thank you for the adds to my collection! I have almost reached the 200 trade mark (197) before my 2nd anniversary here on Beckett.com, and this community is what has brought me there. Many, many thanks to all that I have been fortunate enough to meet on the site!

On to my most recent acquisitions!

The start to my 2011-12 Crown Royale Scratching The Surface-Antti Niemi, Brad Marchand, Brian Elliott, Teemu Selanne, Nazem Kadri:

[Image: HockeyCards005.jpg][Image: HockeyCards006.jpg][Image: HockeyCards007.jpg][Image: HockeyCards008.jpg][Image: HockeyCards009.jpg]

Montreal Canadiens GU/AU:

2011-12 Crown Royale Red-P.K. Subban, All The King's Men Materials-P.K. Subban, 2009-10 Black Diamond Quad Jerseys-Carey Price, 2011-12 Parkhurst Champions Autographs-Russ Courtnall

[Image: HockeyCards010-2.jpg][Image: HockeyCards004.jpg][Image: HockeyCards001-2.jpg][Image: HockeyCards011-3.jpg]

Traders:

2011-12 Artifacts Jersey/Patches-Patrick Roy #61/65

[Image: HockeyCards012.jpg]

2011-12 Certified-Justin Faulk Jsy/Au RC #168/499

[Image: HockeyCards013.jpg]

2011-12 Crown Royal Heirs To The Throne Materials-Taylor Hall

[Image: HockeyCards014.jpg]

2011-12 ITG Heroes & Prospects Autographs-Brendan Ranford

[Image: HockeyCards015.jpg]

Now... there is one more card, and I am especially happy about this one! Richard (titan501ca) gave me a huge trade which saw me land my FIRST 1/1!!! BooYah! Haha! I am stoked!

2010-11 Certified Mirror Black-Scott Gomez AU 1/1

[Image: HockeyCards002-2.jpg][Image: HockeyCards003-3.jpg]

Very, very nice! Thank you again to all that have been trading with me, and I hope that I am able to be more active on the boards this week. Thanks for the looks and read, folks! I wish you all nothing but the best!

All comments are welcomed and appreciated! If you have interest in trading, please drop me a line here, PM me or send over a trade offer. I only trade through the Trade Tool, so please have your Org. ready!

Randi

RE: A Tale Of Week's Past
Randi
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of you friend & neighbor. I too wish the very best for his family during this unimaginable time. Keep a positive look out and reserve plenty of me time to keep Yourself happy and involved. Thanksbfot neo.g such a great person...MR MOD!
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

Hey Randi, life is not always as grand as your pickups, but we all generally cope and get through it. Sorry about the neighbor, but I am glad to hear you are making strides and that you have a wonderful support group at home and on this site. I hope these pieces of cardboard, swatches and autographs help bring some semblance of order to you. Trade on my friend! You have a great collection of cards and family.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

Great Cards Randi, PM Sent
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

great pick ups

and whoa to what happen in your neighborhood, it is always tough to see things like that happen
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Great haul Randi!
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

First and foremost, Randi, I'm sorry you're dealing with so much crap aka life. It does help that you've got a great support group around you. I've been dealing with stuff for a bit now and support by family and friends is the best! I hope things continue upward for you and you continue moving forward!

...oh yeah, great pick ups!!!

-Ashley

Good to see you back Randi. Sorry to hear about your neighbor.

Bummer about the neighbor bro, I've had a few friends go out like that, and it's never cool.

And though you've had your own troubles in the past, it's great to see you active here, pursuing your hobbies, enjoying life, and getting better day by day.

Solid pickups, my hat is off to you. I really want that Selanne auto, haha. I know you're putting the set together, but if you're willing, I'd trade three of the ones on your want list and then some for it. Let me know!
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

Thank you all for the comments and support! It is great to know that there are so many that have concern, and that truly care! I am glad to have you all as friends, and trading buddies!

Randi