`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000 Black Diamond Errors !?!?

2000 Black Diamond Errors !?!?
Recently looking through some old shoeboxes of cards and I came across some 2000 Black Diamond Baseball with some fairly blatant printing errors. In the pictures on the left is Ripken Jr. card front with Greg Vaughn on the back. The center, picture of Andruw Jones printed on a Michael Barrett card stock with Barrett's stats on the back, and to round out the three is an actual Michael Barrett front with Mike Lieberthal on the back. I mean, was someone asleep at the presses that day. Has anyone else ever encountered this problem from this year. I know its only 12 years later but its been buggin me since I opened the packs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 2000 Black Diamond Errors !?!?
just printing flaws, not errors...fairly common mistake

As jacoby said, these are a basic printing flaw known as WRONG BACKS. These were very common in the 80s and 90s, and even into the 2000s and occasionally still today. If there was a large run of cards with the wrong back then it could gain value but even then there has to be some key players and some demand to add any value.
Check out some of the threads regarding the 2009-10 Upper Deck basketball cards, as Upper Deck managed to do wrong backs for a large portion of the print run and for a large portion of the set. So there are actually some people trying to put together the complete set of wrong-backs. That is a pretty rare instance of wrong-backs, and usually it is just a single sheet that goes through wrong and isn't caught by quality control.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Ahh, I see. Sorry for using the wrong term. I've never heard the expression wrong back in all my years of collecting. So, thank you for the information there. I know I haven't been doing much buying in the last few years, but I've really never seen this other than on the Black Diamond. I'll read about the set you posted about. Thanks again.