`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you make of this?

What do you make of this?
Last week I was just looking around the bay for nothing in particular, just wanted to see what was out there. Well, I saw someone selling 600+ cards of Bird, Jordan, Barkley, Ewing, and a few others for $2,495 or a BIN of $3,500 I think. Well, I looked at the photo they provided and the description. In the photo, from the cards I could see, none of the cards were worth more than a dollar. Also, all of these cards were in a binder. Good luck selling 600+ cards in a binder for over $2,000. Smile Anyways, in the description they were very vague. "XX Bird cards including 1989 Fleer #8 $40 BV..." Immediately, I stopped because something seemed wrong. Yeah, that card is worth less than 1/10 of the price they listed. So were other cards they listed, like Karl Malone's RC. So, I did something I don't normally do, I messaged them asking where they got their values from (I was thinking a very old Beckett magazine). Well, he told me he has an OPG on Beckett.com and he gets all of his prices from there. I knew that couldn't very well be the case. He sent me a message back and I only read it on my phone (haven't logged into eBay on the computer in a few weeks) but there were blue diamond question marks (will explain later) in his response stating where he got the values. So I sent him a message back stating links and values, showing him how off he was and that he'd be very lucky to get $100 for the cards he had in there (on the two pages visible in the binder, maybe $10 worth of cards, only $1 sell value). When he responded to that, he insinuated that he had sent images in his previous response (I'm guessing that's what the blue diamond question marks were) and asked me why he's getting very different values. To my knowledge, the auction didn't sell and I didn't see him relist it. But does this happen often on there? I know I'll occasionally see a card of a rookie with some patch and Au going for $5,000, but 600+ common cards for that much? I HOPE nobody is stupid enough to 1) buy that many cards without getting a complete list first, 2) buy cards without knowing the BV of each first, and 3) spend that much money on cards in a binder (unless they're all Kobe RC Refractors, Jordan, LeBron or Kobe AU, etc., but even still).

Please do me a favor and check out the price for the 1989-90 Fleer #8 Larry Bird and tell me if the value is even close to $40, or if it's what I saw and below 1/10 of $40. Don't post actual BV. Thanks.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: What do you make of this?
I think I saw the same thing you did. When I see auctions like that I usually just figure its someone trying to screw someone over. But then again you cant fix stupid so its possible they really do believe their stuff is worth that.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Same here
[Image: SanFrancisco49ers750.jpg]
Joey Porter Collector

You don't want anything out here. The only thing you will get from buying from the Bay Area is paying 5-10 more than anywhere else. Everyone is fake ( not everyone <<<) and out to make as much as they can reguardless if your a Attorney, Nurse, Nun or Grandmother ect.

I cant really say that about everyone, but from what I see and I have lived here longgggggggggggggggg time, is people are out for themselfs. I hate to say it because I live here. Its just my opinion though.

Oh yeah about the list everything lol I myself would never list what I sell in cards, because I never know. I just pack a flat rate box with cards in no order. I called it mixed lot It would take so long to list it all. Plus I know Im safe that way and the buyer always gets his/her money worth. Im just saying

Have good day

[quote='Brattso2u' pid='1951975' dateline='1332347869']
You don't want anything out here. The only thing you will get from buying from the Bay Area is paying 5-10 more than anywhere else. Everyone is fake ( not everyone <<<) and out to make as much as they can reguardless if your a Attorney, Nurse, Nun or Grandmother ect.

I cant really say that about everyone, but from what I see and I have lived here longgggggggggggggggg time, is people are out for themselfs. I hate to say it because I live here. Its just my opinion though.

Oh yeah about the list everything lol I myself would never list what I sell in cards, because I never know. I just pack a flat rate box with cards in no order. I called it mixed lot It would take so long to list it all. Plus I know Im safe that way and the buyer always gets his/her money worth. Im just saying

Let me clear this up for yuou. The bay, is Ebay. Not SF.

[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

It is not a bad/negative thing that people will look out for themselves. It is the most common of all common sense. You got to protect yourself and you got to protect what you need in life. Looking out for yourself and treating other people the way you treat yourself is the great thing to do. Unless, you treat yourself wrongfully... Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-21-2012, 12:11 PM)quavis Wrote: [quote='Brattso2u' pid='1951975' dateline='1332347869']

Let me clear this up for yuou. The bay, is Ebay. Not SF.

lol...

I dont see that very often on the bay, not San Francisco. But I do see it quiet a bit on craigslist. I even think there is a blog out there on such horrible sports cards, yup just found it:
http://badwax.net/category/craigslist-idiots/

Basically its about how someone puts up an outrageous sale price on a bunch of over produced crap from the 90s and he basically starts an email argument, hilarious. Anyways, I would expect more than a dollar for that 89 Fleer Bird.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

Ops my bad at jumping gun. LMAO

Silly girl!

Smile~

Hahaha ^^
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?