`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you carry your cards?

How do you carry your cards?
So I plan on going to a card show later today or tomorrow and I want to bring in some cards to get graded / trade. How would you / do you carry your cards?
Photobucket

RE: How do you carry your cards?
I rarely carry my cards outside/outdoors. If I do, they will be in a tool box that is made for mechanics and I only carry the ones that I think I might need. Never graded my cards but I have tried some in-person trading in card shops and card shows. It is too much of a hassle as some of the people will look down on what you have and on what you are looking for. If you got some high-end stuff, people will tend to be friendly and nice and try to work out a deal as long as they are being the boss or whatever. I only buy in card shops and card shows and I never participate in pack wars/box wars or something similar. I just want to be safe and just want to enjoy my own little PC. Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-16-2012, 04:21 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: I rarely carry my cards outside/outdoors. If I do, they will be in a tool box that is made for mechanics and I only carry the ones that I think I might need. Never graded my cards but I have tried some in-person trading in card shops and card shows. It is too much of a hassle as some of the people will look down on what you have and on what you are looking for. If you got some high-end stuff, people will tend to be friendly and nice and try to work out a deal as long as they are being the boss or whatever. I only buy in card shops and card shows and I never participate in pack wars/box wars or something similar. I just want to be safe and just want to enjoy my own little PC. Smile
I agree. In-person trading isnt as much fun as it used to be when I was a kid. I used to haul my cards to card shows, but the dealers were so ignorant and condecending, making me feel like my card were crap and theirs were made of gold.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

Very carefully...I'm serious too.

I have generally taken a 1,000 count box with me to trade/sell at card shows but I don't take that many cards. I only take nicer cards that I have sleeved/toploaded, plus extra sleeves/toploaders in case I pick up packs from sellers too cheap to protect your nice hits haha.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I carry them as discreetly as possible not to attract attention to myself. There are alot of criminals out there and cards are easy to move. Ive heard of alot of stories of cars getting broken into and people getting held up at gun point for their collections.
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]

I used to carry them around in the 200 count cardboard boxes, then in the screw-down holders or toploaders.. Haven't been to a good card show since, probably 1995. The ones I been to in the last decade, during my off & on again collecting were in San Diego... hardly any wax, if any at all.. at least since I been to a few between 2007-2011..

now, I have my cards in the cardboard shoe boxes & magnetic holders or toploaders & teambags. hard part, I can't find teambags that fit the magnetic holders snugly.. they don't fit around the entire holder, so I take a small piece of scotch tape to secure it. I hate collectors that use industrial or packing scotch tape. Hard to take off without using a nice or razor blade.

I don't carry my cards around, except to show my favorite LCS owner every once in awhile. He probably misses my business, since I buy most of my cards & big purchases online...

[Image: IMG_3838.jpg][Image: IMG_3836.jpg]
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(03-17-2012, 08:03 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: I can't find teambags that fit the magnetic holders snugly.. they don't fit around the entire holder, so I take a small piece of scotch tape to secure it.
I usually buy some of the graded card sleeves that look like longer team bags. They work out very nicely.

Smile 
(03-17-2012, 10:26 PM)jsmouser Wrote: I usually buy some of the graded card sleeves that look like longer team bags. They work out very nicely.
+1
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Thanks for all the help and advice. My cards made it there and back safely.
Photobucket