`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel good St Patricks day story

Feel good St Patricks day story
So my wife and I decided to go to her brothers last night instead of hitting the bars, we are old like that. Another one of our couple friends were there and the husband brought me his cards from when he was a kid to look at. In it is what I expected to see from someone in their late 20's, not a whole lot(late 80's and early 90's Topps and Fleer). After showing him my high end collection I could see he was hooked. He went on the bay and started looking immediately. I am glad to say that I brought our little community a new member and I hope that I can teach him well and get him some good cards.

RE: Feel good St Patricks day story
My son started wanting football cards a little over a year ago. I started him on his way and wound up getting hooked all over again myself with baseball. I went back and picked up alot of the cards that I loved as a kid plus alot of the cards I collected during a short stint in my mid 20's. It's got a pretty good hold of me right now. It's been a cool hobbie for my son and me as we help each other out with our collections.

That's great! I can't wait for my nephew's to get a little older so I can get them hooked. My brothers will hate me!
Smile 
(03-18-2012, 09:22 AM)Haze28 Wrote: That's great! I can't wait for my nephew's to get a little older so I can get them hooked. My brothers will hate me!
I already got my nephew (from my sister) hooked. I got him a Nick Young High-end 1/1 auto with jersey from TTT (basketball not baseball). He's got some low-end RC's and other Ser #'d stuff. He also wanted to collect Blake Griffin, John Wall and Evan Turner. Now, he wants some Kyrie Erving. Kid wants the new stuff and it is very expensive. I can't keep up with. Man, if only I would win a lottery jackpot, we'd go all out with these high-end hyped stuff and players. It would be so crazy and fun.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-18-2012, 10:11 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: I already got my nephew (from my sister) hooked. I got him a Nick Young High-end 1/1 auto with jersey from TTT (basketball not baseball). He's got some low-end RC's and other Ser #'d stuff. He also wanted to collect Blake Griffin, John Wall and Evan Turner. Now, he wants some Kyrie Erving. Kid wants the new stuff and it is very expensive. I can't keep up with. Man, if only I would win a lottery jackpot, we'd go all out with these high-end hyped stuff and players. It would be so crazy and fun.
Well, I am going after high end product almost exclusively now. I feel that if I am going to invest in the hobby I should go for the good stuff. It has paid off for me so far. In the last three months my collection has seen some amazing cards added to it. Good luck with the lottery, I am going to be hoping for some winnings myself. I would open a card store right away.

Don't you hate when people find out you collect and want to bring you their cards? It used to be hard to tell them they have a bunch of junk.

Hope eveyone had a great St. Patricks day. I am a proud Scots-Irish-Cherokee AMERICAN!
Smile 
(03-18-2012, 11:27 AM)dallas_collecter84 Wrote: Well, I am going after high end product almost exclusively now. I feel that if I am going to invest in the hobby I should go for the good stuff. It has paid off for me so far. In the last three months my collection has seen some amazing cards added to it. Good luck with the lottery, I am going to be hoping for some winnings myself. I would open a card store right away.
Lotto: We wish ourselves good luck. I would immediately buy one of Larry Bird's iconic cards with a Pristine grade. I would also open a business but it would not be about cards, maybe a fine dining restaurant, maybe an apartment building or condo, or I might continue to study and get my Doctorate.

Filipino/Naturalized U.S. Citizen,
Peter
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?