`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997-98 Pinnacle - Team Pinnacle Mirror Parallels?

1997-98 Pinnacle - Team Pinnacle Mirror Parallels?
Hello out there!

Looking for some help on 1997-98 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle inserts. According to Beckett Hockey there are 4 versions of the cards (below is the description):

'Randomly inserted in packs at the rate of 1:99 and in tins at the rate of 1:33, this 10-card set features color action photos of the game's biggest stars as voted by Hockey fans and printed on double-sided cards with Mylar technology on just one side. A parallel of each card was produced with this special printing on the other side. Finally, mirror parallels were also created of each version (making a total of four different versions of each card) and inserted randomly.'

Does anyone know how to definitively tell which is a regular and which is a mirror? I have several of these that I have pulled from packs, each of which is REALLY shiny on the foil side (like a mirror, one might say). Since all of the cards I have have the same appearance, I have no basis for comparison to determine which versions I have.

I have looked at scans on E-bay and they all look the same, whether or not they are listed as mirrors.

Any help you could give me is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Boorick

RE: 1997-98 Pinnacle - Team Pinnacle Mirror Parallels?
Perfect example of how uninformative Beckett can be.
You'd think, by now, they'd have information listed for EVERY set from the 90's and before.
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

(03-14-2012, 08:11 PM)tha penguin Wrote: Perfect example of how uninformative Beckett can be.
You'd think, by now, they'd have information listed for EVERY set from the 90's and before.
You would think! Wouldn't hurt to update pricing on cards that are more than 5 years old every now and then as well.

Beckett and think in the same posting, wow, I thought the two did not go together.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

This question seems to come up a lot. There are 4 different versions of the team pinnacle cards you can find. There was a post a while back that discussed it here: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-108...pid1082985

I will post the scans again of 3 of the possible versions.
First is the regular. Second (grey) is the mirrored side. Then there is a refractor type version of the mirrored side. Yzerman is on the other side of this duo. The version I am missing is with him as the refractor version (opposite side would be gilmour that looks like the base (white) version. Hope this helps.

[Image: Team_pinnacle_mirrors.jpg]
[Image: 00PandPSigpiece2_2424.jpg]

Collecting: Travis Fryman, Champ Bailey, Steve
Largent, Steve Yzerman, Brian Holzinger, Mike Johnson and Jordan Sigalet.

thanks for posting the link Greg

beats me to searching for it
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Greg (or anyone else that has the info)

Stumbled across your post from a few years back. I have the same issue, but the link you included no longer works, nor are you pictures still posted. Can you repost the picture examples. Thanks
Shannon

There is actually 3 versions not 4. One with Mylar on front-- mirror on back, one that is mirror on front-- mylar on back, and then one that is mirror on both sides.