`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Set with decent hits AND base?

Set with decent hits AND base?
I already collect Heritage for the set building, and I realized that I actually like hits. Just not at the expense of base. In other words, I'm looking for a box of something where the hits are pretty good and the base is worth more than garbage. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

RE: Set with decent hits AND base?
I think Archives should be good for this. there is a regular set and some SP's I think i remember reading thats about in line with Heritage and you get 2 autos in every box and I think maybe a game used also. I know I'm getting a few boxes for both. Love the lineup of autos and I can build what looks to be a nice looking set.
Only bad part is it doesn't come out till May but it's pretty reasonable at like $85 a box, so I'm saving for maybe 3 boxes to build the set. Looks like Heritage but instead of a crappy game used most of the time you will get some autos always.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

You already build the king of set building sets. Nothing will really come close to Heritage as far as resale of a set w/SP's & ect. I would just find a product you like the hits, price per box, and like to look of the cards. That way your happy with the set you build. Just dont hope it to hold alot of value down the road. I have 3 extra base sets of 07 Turkey Red from when I built my set. They didnt sell at $10 on eBay! And thats a nice looking set with a few nice rookies in it.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Maybe Allen & ginter since set builders typically like that? i don't know what else would classify these days

(03-15-2012, 12:39 AM)rrd111 Wrote: Maybe Allen & ginter since set builders typically like that? i don't know what else would classify these days
I agree...perhaps find something where the hits are good and everyone is looking for the base cards for set needs.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

Yeah A&G seems to be pretty popular. I think that the new Archives in May is going to be a pretty nice set too with some decent hits in it (3 per box)
[Image: lincecumbanner.jpg]