`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In person autos... Any way to certify?

In person autos... Any way to certify?
I had a friend of mine that used to go to races all the time, from the '80s all the way thru the 2ks. In his many journeys he obtained some pretty wild stuff (posters, programs, cards, personal photos) that he was able to have autographed. I have no reason to doubt him as there are pictures of him with the drivers getting stuff autographed. I am curious if there is any way to have this stuff certified as alot of it is worth some money. Dale Sr., Bobby Allison, Davey Allison, Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, Buddy Baker, Rich Bickle, AJ Foyt, Brett and Geoff Bodine, Ward Burton, Harry Gant, Ron Hornaday Jr., Dale Jarrett, Mike Joy, Bobby and Terry LaBonte, Patty Moise, Benny Parsons, Kyle Petty, Richard Petty, Shawn Robinson, Elliott Sadler, Ken Schrader, Dick Trickle, Kenny Wallace, Rusty Wallace, Darrell Waltrip, Michael Waltrip, Cale Yarborough... those are just some of the "Race Flats" as he called them that he got autographed. As far as cards go, there are all those names plus more, Donnie Allison, Richard Childress, Junie Donlavey, Dale Jr., Kerry Earnhardt, Eli Gold, Joe Gibbs (Race Card, NOT football), Rick Hendrick, Brooke Gordon (Jeff Gordons Wife), Ernie Irvan, Doug Hewitt, Dale Inman, Ned Jarrett, Junior Johnson, Adam Petty, Jack Roush, Glen Wood, Robert Yates. Most of this stuff is autographed including 3 whole binders of autographed stuff. What can be done? I am going to try and load some pics to photo bucket...

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae187...707/Other/
I even came across a 1999 Press Pass Signings Gold #3 Dale Earnhardt #ed/100

RE: In person autos... Any way to certify?
Try this.

For more information on JSA Products and services, please visit www.SpenceLOA.com or call 1-888-4JSPENCE.
http://s1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa38...erfan5052/

I collect Packer Auto, and HOF auto.
PM me, I'll get back quicker.
I send in bubble mailers, please do the same.

Thank you so much! Just got off the phone and I am sending my stuff back! thank you so much!

(03-17-2012, 06:17 AM)autoluvr Wrote: Try this.

For more information on JSA Products and services, please visit www.SpenceLOA.com or call 1-888-4JSPENCE.

I saw Pwan Stars a few weeks ago and one of the customers came in trying to pawn a tire signed by Dale Earnhardt. He said he mailed it in to get signed and they sent it back to him, he did not get a COA. An Autograph expert came in and said that it was not signed by Earnhardt but probably by a secretary or someone else. I guess the moral of the story is that if you do not have a COA it is real hard to prove that the actual person signed it, if you plan on keeping it for personal reasons it is fine, but not as an investment or selling it later.

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

what season and episode was that do you know. i would love to see what the autograph looked like.

Dale signed his ttm autographs and the autographs are pretty consistent.

There are ways to get a ttm certified as legit but the cost isnt cheap and your better off buying a certified PACK Pulled one.

TTM autographs are great and fun i have a bunch
ITS episode 78 season four and i think drew screwed up this one. i think its legit
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

to the original poster. Be choosey in what you send. I would bet most of it willnot sell for the price its going to cost you to ship get certified etc.

Racing is different than other sports. since so much is out there it devalues it. Even deceased drivers only bring a modest return. once you add in price of certifiying it becomes not worth it.

Ceartin things do carry their value nice. Original OLD unsued tickets. some used tickets.

Programs can be picked up cheap even old ones. Now a 76 daytona 500 signed by both petty and pearson might be a nice pick up but not worth certifiying.

SR signed a lot of autographs in his time. Pieces can be picked up for really great prices. really research before you spend money

the autograph expert got it wrong on the autograped tire. That being said it wasnt worth 1500 anyway
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

(03-17-2012, 06:48 PM)shelbysaleen Wrote: to the original poster. Be choosey in what you send. I would bet most of it willnot sell for the price its going to cost you to ship get certified etc.

Racing is different than other sports. since so much is out there it devalues it. Even deceased drivers only bring a modest return. once you add in price of certifiying it becomes not worth it.

Ceartin things do carry their value nice. Original OLD unsued tickets. some used tickets.

Programs can be picked up cheap even old ones. Now a 76 daytona 500 signed by both petty and pearson might be a nice pick up but not worth certifiying.

SR signed a lot of autographs in his time. Pieces can be picked up for really great prices. really research before you spend money

the autograph expert got it wrong on the autograped tire. That being said it wasnt worth 1500 anyway
So much for so called experts, huh? I am no expert and the signature looked like some of the ones that I have seen here and there.

Jerry

Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

I seen that same episode, it did look right, but on the tire and how it was signed I can understand why he couldn't authenticate it. I got like 10 Dale Sr. cards that are all hand signed, lets start there, think they would be worth getting authenticated? along with 4 or 5 8 x 10 "Flats" ? not sure what they are called, one side is his picture and the other with his bio/season schedule. I guess nascar isnt worth what football or baseball might bring?

(03-17-2012, 07:33 PM)donbickle707 Wrote: I seen that same episode, it did look right, but on the tire and how it was signed I can understand why he couldn't authenticate it. I got like 10 Dale Sr. cards that are all hand signed, lets start there, think they would be worth getting authenticated? along with 4 or 5 8 x 10 "Flats" ? not sure what they are called, one side is his picture and the other with his bio/season schedule. I guess nascar isnt worth what football or baseball might bring?
autograph wise, you'd be much better sending to PSA/DNA, JSA has had way too much heat lately
http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=6635

there's better links out there, but if i were you I'd steer clear.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

whats better for getting cards graded? I notice that PSA/DNA grades cards as well... what about beckett, I thought thats what they were doing?