`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do I sell to?

Who do I sell to?
I listed two really low #'d cards together auction style. The first day someone PM'd me an offer (a fair one), but I told the guy I wouldn't end the listing early and if it doesn't sell I'll consider his offer.

Well, it didn't sell, BUT another guy sends me an offer the last day of the listing for the same exact amount as the first guy!

Should I just sell to the first guy or list the cards BIN for what they offered to decide who gets it?

RE: Who do I sell to?
sell it to the FIRST offer... that's fair...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

See if the first guy is still interested in it, then I would sell it to the first guy. The second guy should be a back up plan.
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

yea since its the same price Id sell it to the first guy.

Sell to first guy

You can always relist them. You aren't locked into selling to either. You DID consider the first guy's offer. You said No.

That being said, the fair thing to do is to sell it to the first guy. If he agrees, let the 2nd guy know, so he won't be left hanging.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Since the auction didn't sell I have to assume that you had the card for auction at a starting price above the offered price from 2 different buyers. If that's the case then you might be better off lowering the starting price to whatever the offer was for and letting both buyers know that it's been re-listed at a lower price. Maybe they will bid it up a little bit more than either was originally offering.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

It sounds to me like you may have a bidding war about to happen. Maybe see if either is willing to pay a little more since both are offering the same price. Otherwise, Id sell to the first guy since he was first.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Thank you all for the responses...deep down I feel selling to the first guy is the correct thing to do. I don't want to come off as the greedy seller so many of us complain about. Plus, I believe in karma...especially with a case of '11 NT on the way in a couple weeks, I don't think pushing my luck is the smartest thing to do.

call me a bidnessman, but id contact both, say someone else is offering x amount more, can you match it?

if neither will go higher, than say to both "well, you were the first to make an offer, so id prefer to sell to you at your offer price"