`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Michael Jordan Rookie Card Help

RE: Michael Jordan Rookie Card Help
filamuraireborn It won't let me change my picture back I even tried a different one.

Thank you for suggestions I will take care of it and be back as soon as I do.

Ciao

(03-18-2012, 10:35 PM)Brattso2u Wrote: Ok here is how I am going to cut this short. I will admit maybe I read wrong, I do tend to just browse over things that bore me lol, who knows.

It seems that no matter what I show you, you would not believe it anyways lol , or will have a some sort of reason(s) why it isn't true. I do understand why though.

So I won't waste time on that. You will have to see when I get it graded, which I am confident there wont be a problem. This is where you laugh

Here are facts I do know

I have talked to people who have credibility on cards from Memorylane inc. They didn't say the card was fake and I sent many pictures. I have also looked at it and compared the card to the signs of the fake cards. From what I see it is very real. I am no expert, or would I ever claim to be, for the fear of looking foolish, if I stated otherwise. I also compared it to a real card. They look the exact same, and the paper is the same. Just mine is blank on back. I know what I am saying has no creditability as well it should not to anyone here.

HOWEVER, I am completely confident in what I think id be willing to bet on it. Would you be? It is one thing I just type words, but how confident are you in your words would you bet on them?

Enough said
Have good night
I'm not saying they don't have credibility on cards, but I wouldn't take Memorylane inc. to the bank on what they do or don't say. And proper business tactics would make sure they don't say it is a fake so you can send it to them and if it were to turn out real, then they get credit for verifying it, etc. If they say it's a fake and you go somewhere else and it turns out real, then they look stupid. Does that make sense?

As for why everyone here is skeptical, here's a gathering of all of the information:

1. These cards were cut on one large sheet together. The number of cards in the set was 132 I think. If there is a blank back Jordan, then there are other blank back cards from this set like Dumars, Malone, Barkley, etc. However, nobody's seen any of these before, can't find any information on them online, and none have been graded in the 25 years the card has been out?
2. Like I just said, the card has been out for 25 years. If there were 196 blank back cards as you had stated before, within 25 years one of them would have shown up graded if it was legit. There are cards that come out now numbered to 2 or 3 and you'll find one on the bay rather quickly after the boxes are sold. So something "numbered" to 196, combined with it having to be the entire sheet, seems even more unlikely that they haven't been seen graded before and that someone isn't going for the set.
3. You found this card rather than purchasing it or trading for it. Therefore, you don't know the origin to my knowledge. This card could have been given to him by a local who told him the information you searched for online and he thought it was an error. You said they used to collect error cards, so they may not have known this one wasn't real. If they did, again, after 25 years, to have something that would be so rare, it's hard to think they wouldn't have had it graded or protected better.
4. There are VERY good counterfeiters out there. I believe that even some counterfeits back then were graded because nobody knew the difference (I could be wrong on that one). Getting the same quality paper as well as making the image look exactly the same is pretty easy. Counterfeits are even centered better which actually almost gives it away.

Believe me, it's not that we WANT it to be a fake. We actually want it to be real, it adds new interest to the hobby and would give some of us something more to chase for because they'd be rare (I'd have to get me a Dumars). However, especially with this card, it's been counterfeited so many times that it's a lot easier for us to explain to you why it isn't real than to just take your word on it. Many of the Jordan collectors on this site have chimed in on here and they either have a Jordan RC, have multiple, or have gone through a few in their time. I'm sure some of them have accidentally bought counterfeit ones before. So please don't take it as us trying to knock you down or anything like that, but trying to keep you on a level that there is a better possibility of your card being a fake/counterfeit than it being real. If it is, congratulations (I'm sure many of the Jordan collectors would be envious). But if it isn't, we're sorry that you had to go through all of this to find it out.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

2. Like I just said, the card has been out for 25 years. If there were 196 blank back cards as you had stated before, within 25 years one of them would have shown up graded if it was legit.
[/quote]

agreed...

I posted that CENTER booklet on the bay the other day. It's numbered 10/25; funny thing is, there is another one there and there's only 25!!!!

So yes, one would have seen several since they 86-87's were released. I look at it like this, if Matt Cassidy has never heard of or even seen one...well you get the idea. That guy is one of the most prestigious MJ collectors out there. That's saying something.

Maybe that's the only one in existence? Maybe someone bleached the back for some idiotic reason?

Smile 
(03-19-2012, 12:15 AM)Brattso2u Wrote: filamuraireborn It won't let me change my picture back I even tried a different one.

Thank you for suggestions I will take care of it and be back as soon as I do.

Ciao
That's okay, if the avatar system won't let you through, then don't bother. Most of the time, the Beckett Avatar System will update the following day or two. Please, come back soon, with the authenticated or graded MJ Fleer RC Blank Back. Smile

I will start counting the days, weeks, months, years, decades or centuries until you come back with an authenticated or graded MJ Fleer RC Blank Back from any Reputable Company. Wink

Good luck,
Pierre/Peter/Pedro
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Good luck,
Pierre/Peter/Pedro
[/quote]

lol ^

I did dye my hair Micky I think I prefer my color though.

Thank you guys for all your advice, help and opinions but like you stated bottom line I should just get it graded and then go from there. I just wish you would of said it a long time ago lmao .......KIDDING. God that was funny though. I sometimes get stuck on stupid and it is very hard to stop debating. I guess that is good word for it. Or I'm stubborn. Who knows

I'm not counting on that it is real. I do believe its real. It would be good to get it graded but won't break my heart if they don't.

Anyways thank you this was fun and I am sure I will have lots more questions about cards but will stick in proper thread. I think I have another 4 questions concerning football or baseball cards. Yippppeeeee I bet you guys are looking forward to that lol But all kidding aside they will be just simple questions, nothing like thisWink

New avatar/picture! Pretty! Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?