`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Best way to unload a player collection?

Best way to unload a player collection?
I have almost 1,100 different David Wright cards including 61 Autos, 1/1s, 100+ game used, some decent high-end stuff and everything in between. BV is around 13,000-15,000K

Some basic options
Ebay Lot,Send all to COMC or a Local dealer

I do not mind putting in work to get a better price, but I would like to have everything done in 2-3 months

Should I break thing it to smaller sections?
I.E.
Autos as singles, Moments & Milestone separate, group relics cards together, like all of the triple threads

Do certain things sell better on COMC, like serial numbered cards and inserts?

Should I open an Ebay store and list as much as I can individually in the store?

Any help or suggestions would be great. or make me an offer!!!
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

RE: Best way to unload a player collection?
(03-11-2012, 11:25 AM)captdolo Wrote: I have almost 1,100 different David Wright cards including 61 Autos, 1/1s, 100+ game used, some decent high-end stuff and everything in between. BV is around 13,000-15,000K

Some basic options
Ebay Lot,Send all to COMC or a Local dealer

I do not mind putting in work to get a better price, but I would like to have everything done in 2-3 months

Should I break thing it to smaller sections?
I.E.
Autos as singles, Moments & Milestone separate, group relics cards together, like all of the triple threads

Do certain things sell better on COMC, like serial numbered cards and inserts?

Should I open an Ebay store and list as much as I can individually in the store?

Any help or suggestions would be great. or make me an offer!!!
If you use ebay i suggest against a store. There are monthly base fees, higher fvf & unless buyers search under "all items" they won't see your goods.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I've sold a few player collections on eBay. I take the Autos, Game Used, Low #'d cards, and Rookies and sell the individually. I usually sell the base/inserts/parallels that don't hold as much value as lots according to year and make. An example might be regular 2010 Bowman: I'd take all the base, parallels, and inserts and put them in one lot, and if there's any auto's or game used for the particular player, those would be in a separate auction. Then do the same thing for 2011 Bowman, and so forth.

I've had a lot of success doing it this way. I just sold a huge Pineda collection like this in January and a Von Miller collection last year.

Also, don't try to sell it all at once. I split each collection up into 40-50 auctions per week so it's not overwhelming.

(03-11-2012, 11:53 AM)motu79 Wrote: I've sold a few player collections on eBay. I take the Autos, Game Used, Low #'d cards, and Rookies and sell the individually. I usually sell the base/inserts/parallels that don't hold as much value as lots according to year and make. An example might be regular 2010 Bowman: I'd take all the base, parallels, and inserts and put them in one lot, and if there's any auto's or game used for the particular player, those would be in a separate auction. Then do the same thing for 2011 Bowman, and so forth.

I've had a lot of success doing it this way. I just sold a huge Pineda collection like this in January and a Von Miller collection last year.

Also, don't try to sell it all at once. I split each collection up into 40-50 auctions per week so it's not overwhelming.
I think that is a very good point to not do it all at once. I am a player collector, and I have a decent budget to spend each week. But when someone lists several high end cards of my player at the same time, I have to pick and choose which ones I want to try and win. Whereas, if they were not all listed at once, I would probably try to win all of them.

Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

Thanks for the help. Im gonna try selling on boards and listing a 1-15 auctions a week on ebay and spread it out. Maybe send some to COMC

Definitely split up the high-end, 1/1s, and autographs to single auctions, and spread them out (as mentioned by others). COMC would be a decent place to list cards that sell for a buck or more and the rest would be worth putting into lots.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

1000 cards can sound overwhelming on paper but once its broken down (in my experience) it becomes more than manageable. Cards shops and dealers likely wont give you more than 20% BV. Put the work in yourself and break up all the "high end". Youll be glad you did.

Why are you unloading it btw?
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

why are you getting rid of your wright collection ? you've worked hard on that ...if you have any dual or triple autos pm me with some prices i may take those off your hands

(03-12-2012, 06:28 AM)john1580 Wrote: why are you getting rid of your wright collection ? you've worked hard on that ...if you have any dual or triple autos pm me with some prices i may take those off your hands
It just has become too much, I can't keep up anymore and there is no end in sight to the amount of d Wright cards I am chasing. I have my first kid coming on the way in 4 months and we are trying to save because we are either adding an extension on our house are straight up selling and buying a bigger house. the card dollars start to add up quick when you win a few auctions a week.

Dual Autos: 2004 Reflections with K Hernandez, one with Scott Rolen, and one with Kevin Youkilis.

triple: I also have a triple 2005 Trilogy with Mike Shmidt and Adrian Beltre /35

lmk what you want for the 4 of them, not sure i can afford it but lmk. Congrats on the new addition thats awesome. Being a dad is alot of fun