`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Linsanity might be over with, thanks Carmelo!

RE: Linsanity might be over with, thanks Carmelo!
(03-08-2012, 03:49 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Never was a Carmelo Anthony fan. He's good, but will never be a fan of him.

The Knicks were crap; barely a .500 ball club before he was injured. Linsanity starts and carries the team, the city, and even the world on his back in Melo's absence. They were winning, had motivation, and a reason to show up every night.

Melo comes back and the Knicks are 2-5 since his return and doesn't look like they will get any better anytime soon. I think some personnel changes are much needed.

Trade Melo please. Go get Dwight Howard...lol

Your thoughts on the New York Knicks' turmoil and the possible decline on the whole Linsanity hype as well please.
don't look now but the knicks are are streaking again!

(03-10-2012, 10:13 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: linsanity should of never happened to begin with. see hideo nomo
really? comparing a VETERAN SUPERSTAR to an UN-DRAFTED ROOKIE (he didn't qualify as a rookie his first year because he didn't play enough games) PG from an Ivy league? your comparisons are even funnier than your perspective on sports. You couldn't be more off if you tried. Please keep posting, I'm sure the real sports fans are mildly amused.
(03-08-2012, 04:35 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i think it's more that teams are now getting film on lin, and know how he plays. i mean come on...lin is alright, but there's a reason is was in the d league
Yea, Phil Jackson wanted Lin as his PG... so yea, C'MON, right?

Many coaches and scouts knew he was a talented player. The reason he was still in the D-League has a lot to do with available roster spots at the 1 for the the teams he tried out for and people not being comfortable with an asian player from an Ivy League school. He might've been in the D-League because he wasn't NBA ready THEN but that doesn't mean he hasn't made improvements by leaps and bounds and it sure as hell doesn't mean he'll stop improving and adjusting to the league like the league adjusted to him.

If Phil Jackson can see talent in Lin, then you should be thinking twice before you go on blurting what you THINK is the truth. The rookie is averaging about 16/6 so far, under the bright lights of NY in his first full year with multiple egos to satisfy. If this is his first full year, I'm excited about the future of the Knicks, not depressed about it.

Lin had a decent run but it didn't take long for teams to figure out how to stop him and make him TO the ball. I would take Melo any day of Lin who wouldn't. The Knicks need to learn how to win win Melo who is one of the best young talents in the league.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

I wonder if Tebow is praying for Jeremy Lin or vise versa...lol

(03-19-2012, 05:00 PM)dutch81 Wrote: don't look now but the knicks are are streaking again!

really? comparing a VETERAN SUPERSTAR to an UN-DRAFTED ROOKIE (he didn't qualify as a rookie his first year because he didn't play enough games) PG from an Ivy league? your comparisons are even funnier than your perspective on sports. You couldn't be more off if you tried. Please keep posting, I'm sure the real sports fans are mildly amused.

Yea, Phil Jackson wanted Lin as his PG... so yea, C'MON, right?

Many coaches and scouts knew he was a talented player. The reason he was still in the D-League has a lot to do with available roster spots at the 1 for the the teams he tried out for and people not being comfortable with an asian player from an Ivy League school. He might've been in the D-League because he wasn't NBA ready THEN but that doesn't mean he hasn't made improvements by leaps and bounds and it sure as hell doesn't mean he'll stop improving and adjusting to the league like the league adjusted to him.

If Phil Jackson can see talent in Lin, then you should be thinking twice before you go on blurting what you THINK is the truth. The rookie is averaging about 16/6 so far, under the bright lights of NY in his first full year with multiple egos to satisfy. If this is his first full year, I'm excited about the future of the Knicks, not depressed about it.
I was commenting on the collecting side of Lin....this is a sports card forum buddy. Nomo cards jerseys etc were on fire then he may of went on to a decent career but the value of his collectibles is a small fraction of what it was when he was a rookie. Lins cards will be bought for pennies on the dollar within a year.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(03-19-2012, 05:49 PM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: Lin had a decent run but it didn't take long for teams to figure out how to stop him and make him TO the ball. I would take Melo any day of Lin who wouldn't. The Knicks need to learn how to win win Melo who is one of the best young talents in the league.
A decent run? You speak like its all over with. 16/6 not good enough for a rookie? Him turning over the ball is not all about him not having any handle (aka coughing it up) and its definitely not something that will plague him forever. He's learning on the fly. The more practice time they get under Woodson, the less he'll turn it over. Also the fact that the schedule is draining Lin who has never played so many games in such a short span with the shortened season. They look good and under Woodson, buying into hustle and defense. There is still time to make a push for higher seeding and it's begun.

The Knicks don't need to learn how how to win with Melo, Melo needs to learn how to win with the Knicks. It looks like he has and he looks to be enjoying it more than ever too.

(03-20-2012, 12:33 AM)dutch81 Wrote: The Knicks don't need to learn how how to win with Melo, Melo needs to learn how to win with the Knicks. It looks like he has and he looks to be enjoying it more than ever too.
+1
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards