`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay and shipping

RE: eBay and shipping
I believe some sellers automatically charge a higher amount for shipping of the auction goes for over a certain amount. This way they can ship from Canada using registered mail or something like that to ensure it makes it to the buyer safely.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

Well when I post on Ebay I always put in the auction info that if it goes over $75 that the shipping will be extra due to sending with tracking and insurance...this is mainly to the fact that I want to cover my butt as much as possible to ensure I don't get ripped off by an dishonest person. I state it in the auction and most sellers do...check the auction page first for details...If he listed that as a stipulation you're out of luck but if he didnt you can argue it and have him agree to send it via regular mail or you can both agree on a more reasonable rate as $20 seems a little greedy...$12 is usually the going rate from canada to the us with tracking and insurance for a card. and if he is charging the extra postage its because of ebays buyer protection and the seller wanting to protect himself from a large loss if possible.
Collecting Upper Deck Main Series 1 and 2 1990 - Present.
Check Out My Blog @ torontocardcollector.wordpress.com

if it is over X amount Xpresspost comes with tracking

that is why it is $20... normally it is $15-17 but he is trying to cover his fees too i bet
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

As an Ebay seller ha can charge the higher amount if it is mentioned in the item listing somewhere. If the $20.00 is not mentioned, then do not pay until he sends a new invoice that reflects the lower amount. If he files a non pay against you than respond to that so that Ebay sees it on why you have not paid. If he no where mentions the $20.00 it is total up to him to send it with tracking at is own expense. He cannot charge you for something not in the lsiting.

No, they can't, but I have noticed a problem lately. The seller says no cost under the bid area, but if you go to the description area, there is a shipping cost. The shipping then shows up under invoice and/or pay now area. I find this unethical and have been burned by two or three times in the last two weeks.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

(03-09-2012, 12:15 AM)dam1057 Wrote: No, they can't, but I have noticed a problem lately. The seller says no cost under the bid area, but if you go to the description area, there is a shipping cost. The shipping then shows up under invoice and/or pay now area. I find this unethical and have been burned by two or three times in the last two weeks.
That is exactly what happened. I looked again and it said $3.50 shipping outside Canada on the listing. Then $20 on checkout...

I contacted the seller, he changed the shipping and I paid $3.50

I just hope it gets here ok now lol, you guys got me all worried.

At any rate thanks for all the replies, appreciate it.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

Well lets hope his post office isnt as dumb as mine. When I mailed out that RNH silhoutte to the buyer, my post office retard told me that the zip code for edmonton wasnt in her computer & she had never heard of Edmonton.. ummmmm... Then she tried to tell me their is no such thing as 1-3 day shipping t canada... ummmmm... Then she told me that the font on my labels were too big (Ariel 18 font)... ummmm THEN she handed me this GIGANTIC envelope that I sh*t you not was bout 20"x20" and told me I had to address that envelope and thats what the card will ship in... Thats around the time I got booted outa line cause I was going off yelling at her... After getting back in line and going to a different teller, he shipped the item no problem. insurance, tracking, 3 day mail - $33.00
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

(03-09-2012, 07:43 AM)irbecards32 Wrote: Well lets hope his post office isnt as dumb as mine. When I mailed out that RNH silhoutte to the buyer, my post office retard told me that the zip code for edmonton wasnt in her computer & she had never heard of Edmonton.. ummmmm... Then she tried to tell me their is no such thing as 1-3 day shipping t canada... ummmmm... Then she told me that the font on my labels were too big (Ariel 18 font)... ummmm THEN she handed me this GIGANTIC envelope that I sh*t you not was bout 20"x20" and told me I had to address that envelope and thats what the card will ship in... Thats around the time I got booted outa line cause I was going off yelling at her... After getting back in line and going to a different teller, he shipped the item no problem. insurance, tracking, 3 day mail - $33.00
That teller is so dumb! She is so pathetic!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Yeah, I would have taken the time to make a formal complaint on that one.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(03-09-2012, 07:43 AM)irbecards32 Wrote: Well lets hope his post office isnt as dumb as mine. When I mailed out that RNH silhoutte to the buyer, my post office retard told me that the zip code for edmonton wasnt in her computer & she had never heard of Edmonton.. ummmmm... Then she tried to tell me their is no such thing as 1-3 day shipping t canada... ummmmm... Then she told me that the font on my labels were too big (Ariel 18 font)... ummmm THEN she handed me this GIGANTIC envelope that I sh*t you not was bout 20"x20" and told me I had to address that envelope and thats what the card will ship in... Thats around the time I got booted outa line cause I was going off yelling at her... After getting back in line and going to a different teller, he shipped the item no problem. insurance, tracking, 3 day mail - $33.00

lol wow...my local post man is a bit of a fusty curmudgeon but definitely knows whats hes doing
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-