`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Ebay buyer to avoid!!!!

RE: Ebay buyer to avoid!!!!
(03-08-2012, 04:35 PM)diablo71 Wrote: ...I would agree with you but the card obviously is not flawed enough to ask for money back when he agreed to a price. Then tries to flip it to someone else for a profit. How do you defend that? There is nothing wrong with that?
Not at all. Once it's out of the original seller's hands, it belongs to the buyer. It is now HIS to do with as he wishes. I have never understand the type of response like yours. I see it in trades too. I could not care less what a trading partner does with "my" cards after he receives them, they are now HIS cards. I have the cards I wanted from him, and I will do what I want with them... which 99% of the time is keep them since they are PC cards.

Suppose the buyer kept the card for a month... would that be long enough to not be upset that he is flipping it? Two months? When football season starts? Four years from now? Would you still be upset he is flipping it? More importantly, when would you STOP being upset he was trying to flip it.

And as far as the $10 goes... This is harsh, but -- It could have been worse. $10 is a very small price to pay for a lesson on how NOT to handle this type of transaction. Keep it on eBay for your protection. Honestly, $10 is nothing. Once I have worked Buy It Now price within $10, I will agree to it, both when I am selling or when I am buying. It's close enough for government work.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(03-08-2012, 09:39 PM)all day baby Wrote: Not at all. Once it's out of the original seller's hands, it belongs to the buyer. It is now HIS to do with as he wishes. I have never understand the type of response like yours. I see it in trades too. I could not care less what a trading partner does with "my" cards after he receives them, they are now HIS cards. I have the cards I wanted from him, and I will do what I want with them... which 99% of the time is keep them since they are PC cards.

Suppose the buyer kept the card for a month... would that be long enough to not be upset that he is flipping it? Two months? When football season starts? Four years from now? Would you still be upset he is flipping it? More importantly, when would you STOP being upset he was trying to flip it.

And as far as the $10 goes... This is harsh, but -- It could have been worse. $10 is a very small price to pay for a lesson on how NOT to handle this type of transaction. Keep it on eBay for your protection. Honestly, $10 is nothing. Once I have worked Buy It Now price within $10, I will agree to it, both when I am selling or when I am buying. It's close enough for government work.
I could care less about him flipping the card for money. I do that all the time.. Your missing my point.. He can flip it and try to make a profit that is his perogative, but dont lie about the card being damaged, ask for a refund of 10 dollars then try and sell it for more than u bought it. If you think it is worth more than you bought it for why would you need a 10 dollar refund. That is my point.

Flipping cards is not the issue....

I figure I'm better off in the end just give him $10 to shut him up. I feel if I was to totally refund the card, he might damage it on purpose then send it back to me. I hope he comes on here and tries to defend himself but I got all the emails from this bozo

sent him this.....

heya,

before i bid can you please send me a high rez scan so i can see the card surface? ... is there any corner dings or scuffs that you cannot see in the image?

thank you,
-george

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

How many ppl clicked on this thinking, gawd, I hope it isn't me! (even though you know you didn't do anything)

LOL Smile
[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile

LOL that would be some shady stuff right there

(03-09-2012, 04:01 AM)Num1Monroefan Wrote: I figure I'm better off in the end just give him $10 to shut him up. I feel if I was to totally refund the card, he might damage it on purpose then send it back to me. I hope he comes on here and tries to defend himself but I got all the emails from this bozo

(03-08-2012, 11:24 PM)diablo71 Wrote: I could care less about him flipping the card for money. I do that all the time.. Your missing my point.. He can flip it and try to make a profit that is his perogative, but dont lie about the card being damaged, ask for a refund of 10 dollars then try and sell it for more than u bought it. If you think it is worth more than you bought it for why would you need a 10 dollar refund. That is my point.

Flipping cards is not the issue....
I realize that, but you brought it up in the post I quoted.

As far as the refund goes, I addressed that too. It's $10, but instead of agreeing to deal it for $390, he took it off eBay and set himself up for getting shafted. I do not think it is coincidental that he assessed the damage at $10, when in reality any damage to a $400 card would be more. The buyer pulled a fast one, but he was smart enough to think about it. Don't get me wrong... That is something I have never done, and never WILL do, but he realized the situation and took advantage of it.

This would have NEVER happened if the seller had kept it on eBay in the first place.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

I don't know to what extent Paypal goes while investigating claims but, it seems to me he would have a difficult time filing for a full refund and getting away with it, given the fact that he obviously has the card, has it listed for sale, and in essence has acknowledged in the listing it's worth at least what he paid. But like I said, I don't know if that's something they would even take into consideration.
[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile

Well $10 cost him a lot of buyers for his stuff and him bidding on others stuff after seeing this posting on this site as well as others

(03-09-2012, 02:53 PM)jessemerson Wrote: I don't know to what extent Paypal goes while investigating claims but, it seems to me he would have a difficult time filing for a full refund and getting away with it, given the fact that he obviously has the card, has it listed for sale, and in essence has acknowledged in the listing it's worth at least what he paid. But like I said, I don't know if that's something they would even take into consideration.

Because Paypal has absolutely no idea what he sent him the money for as there is no purchase or invoice to go with it. He has no proof to paypal that he sold this person a Cam card. For all paypal knows and cares he sold him a $400 rock and all this buyer has to do is send a rock back and paypal will refund him.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC