Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Set Builders - Favorite Per Year?

Set Builders - Favorite Per Year?
Set Builders:

What is your favorite set to build each year? Do you build the complete master set?

If I had to pick one set to build a year, what would you recommend?
[Image: gYJFXps.png]

RE: Set Builders - Favorite Per Year?
What's your price range and how do you see yourself doing this? I only do one a year. Last year, my first time back since a 20 year hiatious, i did the topps series 1+2 with several inserts completed.

This year I will do the heritage set. I love the '63 design. Plus it'll be a good challenge for me to get the short prints without breaking the bank. Hopefully i'll get most via trading.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Just recently fell in love with Allen & Ginter. What's really nice is a lot of other collectors build it so it's easier to trade for what you need. Great set for just building a base set or master set. I also at min. try to put together Topps Chrome base set every year. Really doesn't matter, test the market and find a card that appeals to you.

I don't build too many sets, but I built last years Ginter set and it was tons of fun. I just did base and SP's because I'm not really into the nonsports stuff or the common minis (but I have ended up with some really nice SP minis from all the packs I opened). I might build next years set too depending on how much of it I open. So, I would recommend doing Ginter, or maybe Heritage (although I'm not that into this years design).
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

Don't really do any particular set each year. If the set appeals to me then I might try to build it.

I always do the bowman, bowman chrome, bowman draft and draft chrome and the bowman platinum. I have been doing the bowman issues since 2003. It is easy to get cards through trades in here.

I used to do Topps base, but this year I'm doing Heritage and Archives.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

I just try to complete a set of Topps base each year, I do buy other stuff sometimes but only for trade bait to get Dodger stuff back
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

Think I am going to do Topps, Heritage and Archives as well.

Do you guys do all the GU and Autographs as well?
[Image: gYJFXps.png]

I just stick to the base set and avoid the GU and Autos simply because it'll be too expensive.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.