`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Let's talk team sets

RE: Let's talk team sets
I typically don't get too much into modern team sets....I guess it isn't much of a challenge for me to pick up a bunch of base cards.

What I have been doing is building the T206 Boston Nat'l team set, and I've gotten halfway to completing it. I just thought it would be cool to have the team set of the team that ended up being today's Atlanta Braves from one of the most iconic sports card sets.

Next I'll prob do one of the Goudeys....I love the way they look and they wouldn't be outrageously expensive. Had it not been for the '52 Topps Mathews, I'd prob go for that instead, but I don't have the cash to drop 5k+ on a single card.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

Bump for more insight from team set guys. I'm going to start and try to get a Rockies team set going. Just looking for more ideas other than regular base. I've considered this http://ultimateteamset.com/Colorado-Rockies.html please give opinions on whether think good or bad but id also like to do a more highend flashy team set for each year as well
My org is in process of being updated.
PC Guys: Tebow/Tulowitzki
Teams: Rockies/Broncos/Nuggets
If you have something feel free to send open offer or pm me and ill check through my cards.

[Image: image_zps4e5d0b51.jpg]

I have seen this before and considered purchasing a Phillies team set (1978-2012) but at $350+ decided to get them together through trading/small lot purchases. Only been back since 2011 and started out with zero cards. After 2012, decided I was going to "collect" only Phillies so that's all I focus on, though I usually buy 2-3 boxes of each product because I like opening! I also do not actively collect auto's or relics, but I have a bunch from trading/opening. I will pick-up any Phillies card I can (low or high end...vintage or new) without breaking the bank.

I think at this price, the Rockies set would be a great starter set of "base" and they should all be in order so there is a time saver. You can then focus your energy on parallel's, inserts and the higher-end stuff. Good luck.........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I collect Texas Rangers base cards (no inserts, GUd, autos, etc.).

I try to put together 1 team set of each product each year. I've got every major team set for 1972-1992 and most from 2010-2012. I've also got a lot of secondary (Police, store brands, etc. from the late 1970s and early 1980s). But I'm still working to fill in the gaps from 1993-2009.

It's a fun chase and a cheap chase because I will usually trade my inserts and extra RCs for base cards.

Sometimes it can be a tough chase. It's just tough to find someone who wants to pull a handful of base cards from 1996 Score in exchange for a couple of inserts.

People usually ask me to trade in their favor, even though I'm getting 20 cent base cards and they're receiving $2-$3 inserts. But they have to do much more work (pulling the base cards from way back) and it usually costs a lot more to ship 20 cards instead of 3. Not sure about that logic. But I usually oblige because I need the cards.

Im working on getting back up and going again. Id glady deal with you and base cards once all organized
My org is in process of being updated.
PC Guys: Tebow/Tulowitzki
Teams: Rockies/Broncos/Nuggets
If you have something feel free to send open offer or pm me and ill check through my cards.

[Image: image_zps4e5d0b51.jpg]