`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few 98 DONRUSS packs... Blast from the past

A few 98 DONRUSS packs... Blast from the past
I am trying to put together a set from 98 donruss preferred baseball.. Bought a few packs just for nostalgia and wasnt expecting much but.....................

BOOM.... AWESOME

[Image: bagwellprecious.jpg]

RE: A few 98 DONRUSS packs... Blast from the past
Oh crap, that's a great pull! I opened lots of boxes and didn't one in '98, congrats!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Thanks

I opened i think 6 boxes back in the day and never got one... thought they didnt exist Smile

I pulled an Aikman out of a football box about a year ago. So took me 12 years but i finally pulled a few.

I remember going to the White Plains show in my Miata and jamming the spare tire in the back window so I could the 12 boxes of 1997 DOnruss Preferred tins in the trunk. I made a full set but didn't pull one Precious Metals insert Sad
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

12 boxes and not one PM.. That sucks. When i get home i should send you a picture of my closet right now... I have 12 boxes of 97 preferred football and 98 baseball combined sitting in the corner. All opened and wasting space. Only got 1 out of those boxes and now a second out of the packs.

Only need two for the 97 Preferred PM football set (Sanders, Dunn)
As for the baseball i have 7 of the 30 now... trying to put it together as well.

What crards do you still need for the set?
I have some in boxes somewhere and I have better ones in my donruss book on freewebs page.
pm Bob
Looking for ...
1)autos of Gwynn, Headley, Venable, as well as Chargers... Gates, and Rivers.
2) autos/gu'd of Baldelli, Zobrist, rare Red Soxs
3) HOF autos, game-used and #<50

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k33/gwynn_fan/

(03-05-2012, 11:23 AM)diablo71 Wrote: I am trying to put together a set from 98 donruss preferred baseball.. Bought a few packs just for nostalgia and wasnt expecting much but.....................

BOOM.... AWESOME

[Image: bagwellprecious.jpg]
hey nice pull! Did you get that box from the link I sent you?
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(03-06-2012, 02:17 PM)expediter Wrote: What crards do you still need for the set?
I have some in boxes somewhere and I have better ones in my donruss book on freewebs page.
pm Bob
PM sent

(03-06-2012, 02:49 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: hey nice pull! Did you get that box from the link I sent you?
I did... You rock with that link... Thank You so much... great price for those boxes too.