`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2002 Topps 206 Ty Cobb Bazooka back mini Question

2002 Topps 206 Ty Cobb Bazooka back mini Question
I pulled this back in '02 and got it graded by PSA. I was disappointed it came back an 8, but it does have a soft corner. I also picked up 2 more of these over the years, so I have 3 of the 25 produced. I thought about hoarding all 25, but I changed my mind. I'm looking to possibly get rid of 1 or 2 of them. What value should I put on them for selling or trading?

[Image: cobbfront.jpg]

Thanks for the help.

RE: 2002 Topps 206 Ty Cobb Bazooka back mini Question
Cue a response from petesahuttt in 3.....2.....1....

I might be interested in a copy but have no idea what you would be asking for one. Since there is no book value, you might be the best person to figure out the value on them. What did you pay on the other two? That is a good starting point.

I had a joe mauer bazooka at one time. That is one card I still wish I had.

(02-29-2012, 04:40 PM)david campos Wrote: Cue a response from petesahuttt in 3.....2.....1....

I might be interested in a copy but have no idea what you would be asking for one. Since there is no book value, you might be the best person to figure out the value on them. What did you pay on the other two? That is a good starting point.

I had a joe mauer bazooka at one time. That is one card I still wish I had.
Yeah, that Mauer who be nice to have!

It has been a few years since I got the other 2. Can't remember exactly what I paid for the first one, but the second was around $100. Not sure if I over paid or not.

Is petesahuttt a collector of these? I don't spend much time on the baseball forum.

Anyone else have an idea?

petesahuttt is a "mini" collector, mostly A&G. Unless there is a devote Topps T206 set builder following I wouldnt expect that card to bring in more than $20-$30. #/25 isnt all that rare these days. Graded an 8 prolly does more to hurt than help. Graded modern card collectors want the best around. 8 doesnt cut it. They will think one of the other 25 will grade better and they want that one. You would be better to sell one of your raw copies. Now I could be wrong if this is one of them odd ball cards in the set that people pay silly amounts for. I didnt follow T206 all that closely. But I picked up this 2009 Topps Sterling Cobb triple bat relic #/25 for $50. Thats why I said $20-30 for your card.
[Image: 09stc1.jpg]
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(02-29-2012, 11:16 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: petesahuttt is a "mini" collector, mostly A&G. Unless there is a devote Topps T206 set builder following I wouldnt expect that card to bring in more than $20-$30. #/25 isnt all that rare these days. Graded an 8 prolly does more to hurt than help. Graded modern card collectors want the best around. 8 doesnt cut it. They will think one of the other 25 will grade better and they want that one. You would be better to sell one of your raw copies. Now I could be wrong if this is one of them odd ball cards in the set that people pay silly amounts for. I didnt follow T206 all that closely. But I picked up this 2009 Topps Sterling Cobb triple bat relic #/25 for $50. Thats why I said $20-30 for your card.
[Image: 09stc1.jpg]
That's what I was afraid of. In 2002, the Bazooka backs were 1:1989 packs. I believe there are 30 cards with hte Bazooka back. It was a big pull back then. I pulled a David Wright Bazooka from A&G a couple years ago and sold it for $25 or $30. Thanks for the help.

And here I am, I would be interested in the un-graded ones if you still have them, if not I wouldn't mind working something out for the PSA 8. I don;t have any Bazookas from '02 yet, so it would be a nice addition to my collection Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

I am interested in one as well.