`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best newer boxes for busting?

Best newer boxes for busting?
First let me qualify "newer" as anything more recent than 1995 (the last box I bought before re-entering the hobby last Ocober). I saw a post about 1998 Donruss Preferred and another one about then Jeter 1996 Select Certified mirror gold and it got me to wondering, what are some good/fun/worth my money newer boxes to buy and open? Use any criteria you like (value of base, good for set builders, good frequency of hits, etc).

Doug

RE: Best newer boxes for busting?
I busted a 2006 Ultra and 05/06 Upper Deck Future Stars. Enjoyed both of em

Best 2 products in recent years: 2009 SP Legendary Cuts, and 2010 Upper Deck Series 1. These are both fun breaks, good for set collectors, and there are good amounts of hits for the price. There are some really nice hits in these products, especially in Legendary Cuts. I have opened boxes of each and got huge pulls including a Mystery Cut that ended up being a 1/1 cut auto of James Naismith, and from 2010 Upper Deck, I pulled a sick Roy Halladay patch /25.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

(02-24-2012, 10:17 PM)20youksox Wrote: Best 2 products in recent years: 2009 SP Legendary Cuts, and 2010 Upper Deck Series 1. These are both fun breaks, good for set collectors, and there are good amounts of hits for the price. There are some really nice hits in these products, especially in Legendary Cuts. I have opened boxes of each and got huge pulls including a Mystery Cut that ended up being a 1/1 cut auto of James Naismith, and from 2010 Upper Deck, I pulled a sick Roy Halladay patch /25.
sorry but i think 2010 upper deck has really ugly looking base cards and to the op i really like UD a piece of history and 2009 topps unique