`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a good deal on a hobby box?

Is this a good deal on a hobby box?
The guy at my lcs has a hobby box of 1998 donruss preferred for $49. Inside the tin box you get 24 tin packs (not sure how much cards are in each tin pack). He said he is selling them for about half of what he had paid for them, so it seems like a good deal to me. If I were to move on this what kind of odds would I have on pulling some good inserts or am I better off just buying singles for trade bait?

Please help me figure out what to do here, thanks!
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: Is this a good deal on a hobby box?
That was a hot product back in the day. I know some of the inserts are hard to pull and still sell very well. What are the odds? Not sure. But for $50 its good chance. If I remember these packs were selling $10+ back then. Even as trade bait you will get offers on the star base cards.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

buy them.

Honestly, I buy these up quite a bit when they are available and have yet to pull a precious metals insert, which truthfully are the only cards that sell for very much, all the other inserts you will only get between .99 to 9.99. Unless you get a great expectations die cut. Then maybe 12-15. Point is, they are fun to open and if you get a precious metals then u can make some money. If not they are still fun to crack. I just posted about the precious metals set I am trying to get from thi set so good luck... Hope you get a precious metals
Btw if you don't buy them I would be interested Smile. 49 is a fair price
Oh and 5 cards per tin

Very fair price, I opened tons of this stuff back in the day, I busted about 15 hobby boxes and pulled 1 Precious Metals insert. Fun set to build and really nice design, if you don't buy them I would!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

I'd buy it as well if you don't so let me know.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Thanks for the replys guys. So it sounds like I should go for it and buy. I think the seller said he had 3 left too.

Since I already had some singles picked out I'll go ahead and buy them then come back and get one of the boxes.

(02-24-2012, 10:18 AM)sesfan01 Wrote: Thanks for the replys guys. So it sounds like I should go for it and buy. I think the seller said he had 3 left too.

Since I already had some singles picked out I'll go ahead and buy them then come back and get one of the boxes.
Goof luck. Get a precious metals and if u don't mind share what u get
There is a gwynn g.expectations die cut I have that is damaged. And could use an upgrade Smile

Also if u don't buy the other two would she be willing to give someone else that deal... I would pay for shipping Smile

(02-24-2012, 10:53 AM)diablo71 Wrote: Goof luck. Get a precious metals and if u don't mind share what u get
There is a gwynn g.expectations die cut I have that is damaged. And could use an upgrade Smile

Also if u don't buy the other two would she be willing to give someone else that deal... I would pay for shipping Smile
yea, you can order online and he'll ship out to you. I can pm you the link to his website if you want.

(02-24-2012, 11:04 AM)sesfan01 Wrote: yea, you can order online and he'll ship out to you. I can pm you the link to his website if you want.
That would be great. Thanks