`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another failed trade so I think I'm done

RE: Another failed trade so I think I'm done
(02-24-2012, 01:38 PM)djohn Wrote: I think the biggest problem with trading is that book value isn't the same as true market value, and some people try to take advantage of that. A card that books for $20 in Beckett might regularly sell for $2 on eBay while another card that books for $20 in Beckett might sell for $30 on eBay. So while the book value might be equal the true market value isn't even close.
And to that, I say go sell your card then instead of trying to trade it if that is how you want to trade. I've been on both sides of the sell value case, and really dont care when I am trading, as long as BV matches up for the most part.

As for the original post and other's comments, guess I fall on the other side. I do this for fun and as a hobby. But I should be required or feel it necessary that just because you want something of mine, whether it pc for you or otherwise, that I must trade it to you even if you have nothing I want. If you have a $20 card you want, and the only thing I can use from you is a $60 card, well then I'll tell you I want the $60 card and ask you to add on to it if you want, otherwise youre obviously free to cancel it.

If I ask you for the $60 card first, because its PC for me, and you only see the one $20 card on my end that you can use, are you gonna take that trade? More than likely not. So why should I "settle" going the other way around?
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.