`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping Questions For A New Guy

Shipping Questions For A New Guy
So I sold my first card on eBay just something small to see how the process worked and now I need to ship it, but I don't know the best way of going about it.

I went out and bought a few packs of bubble mailers and top loaders so I have the materials but how should I go about shipping?

Do I HAVE to print out a shipping label? Can I simply just rent the buyers address on the mailer and put it in the outgoing mail? What exactly should I do?

Please help.
Anyone give me some insight? I need to ship out the card I sold today.
Collect Stephen Curry, Monta Ellis, Ricky Rubio, Kevin Love and anything that looks cool.

[Image: biglovin2.gif]

RE: Shipping Questions For A New Guy
(02-21-2012, 10:50 AM)Biglovin373 Wrote: So I sold my first card on eBay just something small to see how the process worked and now I need to ship it, but I don't know the best way of going about it.

I went out and bought a few packs of bubble mailers and top loaders so I have the materials but how should I go about shipping?

Do I HAVE to print out a shipping label? Can I simply just rent the buyers address on the mailer and put it in the outgoing mail? What exactly should I do?

Please help.
Personally I don't print out the shipping labels, but I'm in the minority on that. Most do, I'd say 3/4 or so anyway. NEVER ship in PWE's (plain white envelopes) and sleeves/toploaders is always good, just be sure to tape over the toploader so the card can't slide out.

Also, shipping lots is easier if you keep some of those cardboard dummy inserts around to tape on the outside of the lot for extra protection/stability.

Hope this helps!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

So with bubble mailers can you just write the buyers address on it and drop it in the outgoing mail slot at the post office? I've never really shipped anything so I'm pretty dumb as far as that stuff goes lol.
Collect Stephen Curry, Monta Ellis, Ricky Rubio, Kevin Love and anything that looks cool.

(02-21-2012, 11:56 AM)Biglovin373 Wrote: So with bubble mailers can you just write the buyers address on it and drop it in the outgoing mail slot at the post office? I've never really shipped anything so I'm pretty dumb as far as that stuff goes lol.
You can but you would probably need a ton of stamps. The weight on a padded mailer with one card isnt too heavy, but to avoid getting the package sent back or having the buyer pay the differnce (has happened), I would just take it to the post office and ask to ship it. It will probably range between 2-3 dollars to ship depending on tracking. This does not include the cost of the mailer.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

i just mailed three cards. this is what i did... 3 cards in three card sleeves, 3 top loaders, 3 team bags, and 1 bubble mailer size #0. you can use size #000, i believe that is the smallest size. paid on the us post
office with first class parcel and delivery confirmation number. total cost is $2.80. it is cheaper when you have paypal shipping. hope this helps.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

If you pay for shipping through PayPal, you HAVE to use the shipping label. It is much cheaper shipping through PayPal than going to the Post Office. Shipping one card normally ranges between $2 and $3 like Nick said when going to the Post Office, $0.80 of that being Delivery Confirmation (ALWAYS RECOMMENDED FOR YOURS AND THE BUYERS PROTECTION). If you use PayPal Shipping (you have to know the weight, normally less than 3 oz for one card) it is around $1.65 including Delivery Confirmation. This also keeps your from accidentally messing up the address (I've done it before). So I recommend using PayPal shipping, but if you don't have a printer, or ink, or paper and would rather go to the Post, it'll be about $3.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

mine is 2.10 oz = $2.80 Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

I sold a Blake griffin base card for .99 just to test the water of eBay... So I went and sent it off today in a bubble mailer in a sleeve in a top loader with 2 decoys taped around it and shipped for $1.10 not bad.

but you just went against paypal's tos

if you are paid by paypal, you MUST use delivery confirmation

What do you mean? I'm confused.