`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT-My Son 1 Year Later

OT-My Son 1 Year Later
I thought that it is time that I gave everyone an update on how my son is doing. We just recently got his '1 Year Pictures' taken, so now I have some cute baby pictures to share. I am sure many of the veteran members remember our story, or a least his first pics, but I will give a quick summary for the newer members.

Jonathan was born pre-term, when my wife was only 22 weeks pregnant. For those of you who dont know, of which I was one a little over a year ago, pregnancy usually lasts around 40 weeks. Luckily my wife went into labor on that Monday, but then everything stopped and didnt start again until Sunday. During that week, my wife was in the hospital the entire time, during which they told us that things probably would not end positively. Jonathan was born that Sunday and weighed only 1 lb 5 oz and was only 11 in. They basically told us there was less than 10% chance he would make it, and if he did we would probably be looking at a number of disabilities. Well, after 109 days in the NICU, he made it home before his due date.

So, here we are now, 1 year later. Jonathan is doing amazing. He has been healthy since he came home, which is amazing by its self considering how easy it is for babies to get sick. Whats even better, is we see no signs of any disabilities right now. It will take a few years to know for sure, but right now things are going great.

I just wanted to thank all of the members that helped us get through the beginning, and to tell people who might be going through tough times to hang in there. And I thought that its only fair, that if you see the scary pictures, you should be able to see the cute pictures, lol.

The Beginning
[Image: jr1.jpg]

The Homecoming
[Image: DSCF1820.jpg]

1 Year Old
[Image: Jonathan1year8.jpg]

Cake Time!!
[Image: Jonathan1yearcollage5.jpg]

Theres more pics here if you would like to look
http://s565.photobucket.com/albums/ss91/...0pictures/

Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.

RE: OT-My Son 1 Year Later
Wow, what an amazing story. He is just perfect ! He is so adorable, and he likes cake so he seems to be doing fine ! Congrats bro, I am so inspired by you and your wife's strength !

He is amazing!! Thanks for the update!!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Great story. Very glad to see everything turned out ok for him and your family.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

That is a great story! I'm sure he will continue to be strong and will be just fine.

wow man i'm blowin away by your story. i was born early i think i weighed 2 pounds 4 ounces. i have a 19 month old son now who i was blessed with. he is as healthy as they come and i thank god everyday for that. congrats man i hope your son keeps it up. he looks like he is full blast now.
[Image: wvufan101.png]

Thanks for the update! He looks great. Very cute little guy.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

Amazing Story.....Kudos to you and your wife for the strength and courage to get to where you are...It only gets better as they grow up and you see it was all worth it.
Collecting Upper Deck Main Series 1 and 2 1990 - Present.
Check Out My Blog @ torontocardcollector.wordpress.com

Great story man, congrats on a healthy baby

He is absolutely adorable! Good luck to you, I hope all continues to go well.
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]