`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To grade or not to grade, now that is the question

To grade or not to grade, now that is the question
Got a couple of cards I am debating on grading. Figured I'd get some opinions from the experts here on the forums on what you guys think.

***Decided not to get the Unitas graded with a couple of printing spots. Still would like feedback on the Barry Sanders

1989 Score Barry Sanders

[Image: 006.jpg]
Eddie George Super Collector

RE: To grade or not to grade, now that is the question
Id say yes on the Unitas,not sure on the Sanders but I have no idea lol.Hopefully some of the people that have graded stuff can chime in as im curious as well on a few cards my family has that are vintage.I dont know how they grade the surface for the vintage?But the Unitas looks like it would grade out well.

(02-20-2012, 12:05 AM)jdetter23 Wrote: Id say yes on the Unitas,not sure on the Sanders but I have no idea lol.Hopefully some of the people that have graded stuff can chime in as im curious as well on a few cards my family has that are vintage.I dont know how they grade the surface for the vintage?But the Unitas looks like it would grade out well.
I do appreciate your feedback. Was comparing my sanders to a 9.5 and it looks almost identical for everything, but its the surface I have no idea on. Its smooth lol. Yea the unitas looks great, paid only $1 for it from a guy locally. What surprised me is the color and four sharp corners and the centering looks almost spot on. Except there is four parts in the pink that have white dots, looks like a printing issue personally.

Johnny U has some printing spots...very hard to tell from pics and not scans
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(02-20-2012, 12:16 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Johnny U has some printing spots...very hard to tell from pics and not scans
I'll get some scans tomorrow after, I get my tooth pulled, that way its a bit easier to judge, for those who know what they are talking about.

(02-20-2012, 12:16 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Johnny U has some printing spots...very hard to tell from pics and not scans
I'll get some scans tomorrow after, I get my tooth pulled, that way its a bit easier to judge, for those who know what they are talking about.

Scan uploaded of the barry sanders. Any and all feedback appreciated.

little wear on the top right and bottom right corners going to give you no better than a 9. Theres slight chipping around the edges 9.5 at best. Centering is a bit off L/R and even T/B isn't perfect.

Best case scenario I see a 9.5 but my guess would be a 9. I would not get it graded.

(02-21-2012, 02:48 PM)Sajman01 Wrote: little wear on the top right and bottom right corners going to give you no better than a 9. Theres slight chipping around the edges 9.5 at best. Centering is a bit off L/R and even T/B isn't perfect.

Best case scenario I see a 9.5 but my guess would be a 9. I would not get it graded.
Thanks for the input. Its amazing how much more you can see when you scan a card and have it enlarged than just looking at it in your hand.

(02-20-2012, 12:02 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: Got a couple of cards I am debating on grading. Figured I'd get some opinions from the experts here on the forums on what you guys think.

***Decided not to get the Unitas graded with a couple of printing spots. Still would like feedback on the Barry Sanders

1989 Score Barry Sanders

[Image: 006.jpg]
I think the centering will kill you. Looks like an 8.5 to me on that basis alone. Corners, edges, and surface could make it worse.