`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
TTM Chicago Bears/1991 49ers Thread (Update: Fencik, Sydney, Williams)

TTM Chicago Bears/1991 49ers Thread (Update: Fencik, Sydney, Williams)
For a while now I've been following gadsden86's Dolphins TTM cards and alanch's Packers TTM cards and I decided I wanted to give it a try. I enjoy doing digital art projects in my downtime and after getting some good advice from alanch I sent out my first four auto requests. Below is my first success!

He responded very quickly, he personalized it, and he kept one which just thrills me to no end. The QB of the '85 Bears autograph on a card I designed, I'm just so happy. I also made a back to it as well, here's the digital copy. No sense rescanning it. Thank you to Gadsden and Alanch for inspiring me to give it a try and a very special thank you to Jim McMahon for making my week.

RE: TTM Chicago Bears Thread
Very nice! I sent out an 8x10 to Peppers last week because Ive read on TTM sites that he signs so hopefully I get it back Smile Who else did you send them to?

NIIIICE!! i am so ready to start sending to some of my child-hood hero's..some of the players from the 70's are gonna be the first ones..just a few old cards is all...who could resist Doug Buffone auto????..LOL!
Yea a Bear.
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

Great return. Glad i could inspire a few people to start. Jim was 1 of my 1st send outs as well and was very quick. Good luck on the Bears their are quite a few good signers from their teams.
1 including Dan Hamilton as well.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

Great looking card & congrats on your success! Glad I could help out. Good luck with the rest of your requests!
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

Awesome! I love everyone's customs! I need to start doing this.

Another success today. Kevin Butler, kicker for the Bears from his Super Bowl winning rookie season of 1985 until 1995, was kind enough to mail back my autograph request. He declined to keep one of the cards but sent both back auto'ed. He's one of the few people I ever watched at a live football game and I remember his (preseason) game winning field goal against the Cowboys during their championship days.

This new collection makes me feel a little bittersweet, knowing there were some fantastic pre-Super Bowl era players/coaches and in more recent times players like Dave Duerson who have passed on. By the way, it's the one-year anniversary since Duerson took his life.

(02-09-2012, 06:50 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Very nice! I sent out an 8x10 to Peppers last week because Ive read on TTM sites that he signs so hopefully I get it back Smile Who else did you send them to?
I've sent out to Mike Tomczak, Shaun Gayle, Maury Buford, and every kicker since 1967 (Gould, Edinger, Butler, Thomas, and Percival).

I have some more leads, but it's getting tough to find high quality pictures that are print worthy. However, I came across a great eBay search with lots of great pictures that I'm sure other teams have too. Try typing into a search box Wire Photo yourteamname where "yourteamname" = whatever team you collect.

Bob Thomas, former kicker and current Illinois Supreme Court Judge, http://www.state.il.us/court/SupremeCour...Thomas.asp.

great stuff
Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.

Maury Buford, former punter for the Chicago Bears and current owner of a construction company in Texas.

He wrote back a very nice personal note as well and kept one of the proffered cards. He made a joke in his reply and it helped drive home for me that a lot of these former players are regular people too.

::Edit::

Also received in former QB Mike Tomczak and K Mac Percival