`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dilemma..

dilemma..
Ive been thinking about this for months now and i wanted to to turn to my beckett community for a little advice. Ive been collecting cards since start of 2009 season.. souly because my THEN(now ex) GF got me started into it. I used to get boxes at her cost etc. Ive accumulated a rather giantly HUGE collection and have some serious BV and time and money spent... as you can see by looking through my PB.

Dilemma... I really wanna make some bucks,pay off a credit card and buy a house and look at LONG-TERM here. I have a great paying job and money isnt an issue..except ill be doing it alone(for now) I hate failing at anything i do and i figured selling my collection to fall back on just incase would be a good idea... but can i part with it? has anyone ever ran into this kindve decision? i need some hardcore advice... any would be appreciated.

thanks for anything!
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

RE: dilemma..
Well, you are the only one that REALLY knows your situation. However, i would say that if you have a few maybe your top ten cards, I would keep those and then sale the rest and put up a little nest egg for things that really matter which is the stability of owning your own house. If you have any cards of the folks in my sig, please by all means let me know..
Baseball: Albert Pujols, George Brett
Football: KC Chiefs, 2009 Certified Fabric of The Game
SETS: NFL 2010 Topps Chrome, 2011 Topps Chrome

[Image: cheifs.jpg]

I didnt have as big a problem but I did sell of alot of my PC to buy a car. I mean you can always start up collecting again but when it comes to buying a house I think thats more priority. and if it helps you get a nice down payment I would for sure sell. And once you get settled there financially and are some extr cash again then get back into it. Like go cardinals said keep some of your favorites and move the rest
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Yea, Ive done it a couple times. It's up to you though. Ive always regreted it.....if you can stop purchasing anymore, keep what you have and still acheive your goals, then do that.

Life always comes first. This is supposed to be a hobby and not consume who/what you are. I collect for fun and if I have a few extra $$, I'll go buy a box. There was a year or two that I let it consume me and I dropped a lot of cash and realized I had to dial it back because it started affecting aspects of real life. Once it started doing that, it was a reality check and it became a lot easier to just buy cards when I had the opportunity. A lot less stressful as well!
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

It's an interesting question. For me, I am not in the card business and have no expectations that I'm gonig to make money off of this hobby. I first started buying and collecting cards back in 1989 and within a couple years I was setting up at the local cards shows that seemed to be every weekend here in Houston. Well, it wasn't a business for me and I knew it was not a way for me to make money but rather feed my hobby.

I have given away thousands of cards over the years and have sold many cards to people personally or off the bay...I'm sure on some of those cards I've made money but not on most of them. I think you can certainly sell some of your cards and make money to pay off CCs or buy a house or whatever but it will be a lot easier if you don't try to make a profit off those cards....for the most part the money you spent is gone. If you really just need the cash, don't worry too much about how much you paid for the card as opposed to what you are selling it for.

I am in this process right now, I have several cards on ebay that I've been selling for less than what I paid to have them graded..so basically I'm cutting my losses and then just using the money in PayPal to buy older cards.

http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]