`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the big deal about manningham's catch?

What's the big deal about manningham's catch?
Seriously? Was it that impressive? I don't think so. The announcers saying that it was one of the greatest catches is Super Bowl history? what? Sorry I don't think so. An over the shoulder sideline catch is not that big of a deal, to me the throw is more impressive than the catch. Did he dive, jump or have to one hand the catch? No. I don't see how it's such a great catch.......that catch happens 2-3 times a game.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

RE: What's the big deal about manningham's catch?
I guess just the fact he took a hit and kept his feet in bounds but I don't know you would think any pro receiver should make that catch I agree the throw was harder to fit in then the catch was to make. I didn't even think it was a very exciting game period apparently everyone else did though still happy as hell they won though already watched it again.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

(02-06-2012, 08:28 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: I guess just the fact he took a hit and kept his feet in bounds but I don't know you would think any pro receiver should make that catch I agree the throw was harder to fit in then the catch was to make. I didn't even think it was a very exciting game period apparently everyone else did though still happy as hell they won though already watched it again.
Yeah that game was a major Snooze fest..
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

The throw was way better than the catch but timing is everything. If that play happened at any point in the game other than when it did there wouldnt be much praise/hype on it. All I know is who cares though the Pats lost haha.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

YAAAAAAAAWN.

(Does the "E" in ESPN stand for East coast?)
[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile

If he does not make that catch the Giants are still deep in their own territory. Plus he had one guy swiping at his shoulder another guy in front of him. Throw was on the money as well. I would say IMO without that catch the Giants do not win the game.

Nicks also made a ton of 3rd receptions that kept drives alive yet no one talks about him. They would rather talk about Cruz who caught a short TD pass and was wide open essentially...

I thought the game was ok, least it was not a blowout...
Buying High End Football Cards, nothing # higher than 10 unless it's high grade rare contenders

(02-07-2012, 09:06 PM)timmyray79 Wrote: If he does not make that catch the Giants are still deep in their own territory. Plus he had one guy swiping at his shoulder another guy in front of him. Throw was on the money as well. I would say IMO without that catch the Giants do not win the game.

Nicks also made a ton of 3rd receptions that kept drives alive yet no one talks about him. They would rather talk about Cruz who caught a short TD pass and was wide open essentially...

I thought the game was ok, least it was not a blowout...
Pretty sure we all understand how big the catch was to the game just they are making it seem like the best catch ever made by a receiver which is far from true. The throw was better I think & yeah Nicks kept em moving nicely I think he had 10 rec's too bad he couldn't get a touchdown.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

No more football so all they can do is reflect and that was arguably the best catch in the big game. So that's all we get to hear until next season Sad

I think the blackburn interception was a better catch, he chugged and chugged down the field with gimpy lol......
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4