`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Question for you Vintage Guys / Gals

A Question for you Vintage Guys / Gals
Does a card graded x(OC) cause it to be worth less?

I know this means off center, but curious as to if it means less of the grade given?
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

RE: A Question for you Vintage Guys / Gals
I think it means that they dont take the centering of the specific card into consideration so it can be flawless and grade a 9 or whatever but they make the mention of it being OC. i prefer one that is well centered personally
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Ah, I picked up this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260948170007?ssP...500wt_1274

Had been looking to get a 60 Musial, and figured the price was right for the shape the card is in, wasnt sure how much a OC devalued it.

I think its pointing out that that is why the card received a lower grade. Had the card been centered a higher grade would have been given.

Regardless, it's a nice card. I'll buy OC in better condition over lower grades that have better centering but that's my preference.
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

PSA cards with a designation like that (OC, MK, etc) typically trade or sell as if the card was one grade lower than what it says. I personally hate the way they do that. Centering is a definite factor in a card's grade so why not figure it in to the number grade?
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

PSA qualifiers drop the grade, some more significantly than others. I generally look at (OC) as two grades lower with (MC) being almost 4...PSA 8(MC) is like a BVG 4

...more or less
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

Thanks for the help guys, i had been eyeing these since the last time i was at my lcs. He had one ib pretty rough shape for 40$, and was pretty firm on it. Im happy with this one as its Pc all te way

I just had a Carew graded by SGC and thought it would get a 7(OC) but it came back a 4. I was stunned. Regardless, most OCs sell 1-2 grades lower.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

Buy the card, not the holder.

But yeah--like the guys above said, OC and qualifiers in general will pull the price down quite a bit sometimes.