`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone has that "coolest thing I own" Item. What's yours?

RE: Everyone has that "coolest thing I own" Item. What's yours?
While in Baghdad in 2003 my unit came across these carpets that were rolled up in a building by Saddam's palace. we unrolled it and saw that the carpet was a continuous pattern of US $1 bills. So i took out my knife and cut one out of the carpet just for shits and gigs. I later asked some of the locals about the carpet, and it turns out when Saddam had his army march for him in parades (i guess you can call it that) they would roll this carpet out and his army would march on top of it. the palace is right next to the "crossed swords" where they would march. Im sure everyone has seen these swords on the news or something. I now have the carpet framed and hung in my office. everyone always asks about it lol

[Image: IMG_20120131_100501.jpg]

[Image: 249818-the-cross-sabers-baghdad-iraq.jpg]

Prolly should put this in there as well...

[Image: Picture021.jpg]
[Image: banner-2-1.jpg]

[Image: PC172760.jpg]

[Image: PB272733.jpg]

[Image: f9dbea17.jpg]

Neither is for sale...

For sports related items, I found this while helping my grandparents move in 1987-
[Image: 1908a.jpg]
[Image: 1908b.jpg]

For non-sports, this was signed and given to my mother in the early 60's. Rather than hoarding them in a vault, Charles Schulz used to just give away his comics to kids-
[Image: snoopy.jpg]
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]

Well, I don't necessarily "own" either of these, but outside of baseball cards, these are the biggest things in my life:

My grandfather (aka Pap).....he is the one who started my family tradition of being Atlanta Braves fans. He used to listen to games on the radio when he was a kid and he loved Warren Spahn because he was left-handed like Spahn was. We ALWAYS discuss the latest trades and baseball news and he is the first to see any Braves card I pick up...especially the vintage.

[Image: Epwfm.jpg]

Also, I am a member of an amazing student organization at the college I attend (Ohio University) called ACRN (The All-Campus Radio Network). I get to organize local concerts and events and I get to meet a TON of awesome people and enjoy doing my other hobby...independent music. This is me hosting Rock 'N' Roll Bingo at a local dive bar:

[Image: p5KVU.jpg]

As far as things I do truly own, I think this is my favorite thing....a 1948 Boston Braves Season Ticket Sales Pamphlet:

[Image: Screenshot2011-11-16at74728PM.png]

[Image: Screenshot2011-11-16at74918PM.png]

[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

Okay these three thing were presented to me (on three different occasions) during my last trip to the Afghanistan:

Coins presented to me by Admiral Mullen during a USO trip and Defense Secretary Gates when I got back he presented to us that just got back:

Photobucket

A medal that given to me and my shoooting partner by the maintainer crew that gave us a ride with back home:

Photobucket
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball