`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advise too...

Need some advise too...
I have been looking a some Jeff Gordon cards that a seller has on eBay. They are 1/1's and the eBay preview cards (#/5), but I think the seller has them too high, but e-mailing the seller, he is set on certain prices. The Beckett guide says that these cards are not priced due to scarcity? So, how do I decide what is a good price? No guide lines? Yes, you are going to say, if you want it pay for it, but he has a lot of them listed and I can not afford all of them. What is a fair price for these cards?

RE: Need some advise too...
Share some links so we can see what you are talking about!!

Do some research on other Gordon 1/1's~/5 peviews and see if based on that see if maybe he is high or you are low. If you see he is high then send him a link for similar ones and see if he understands,
If not then take that money and buy a sweet patch auto for a little more.
And honestly would you rather have one of those or one of these...??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Star-Jeff-Gord...500wt_1413
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

Here are a few, but all the auctions have ended. Maybe they will relist them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-PRESS-PASS-...35b8bb6847

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-PRESS-PASS-...35b8bb6a1f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-PRESS-PASS-...35b8e0275b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-PRESS-PASS-...35b8e028e4

(01-26-2012, 10:05 PM)the great 48 Wrote: Do some research on other Gordon 1/1's~/5 peviews and see if based on that see if maybe he is high or you are low. If you see he is high then send him a link for similar ones and see if he understands,
If not then take that money and buy a sweet patch auto for a little more.
And honestly would you rather have one of those or one of these...??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Star-Jeff-Gord...500wt_1413
How do I research them when these are usually never up for sale and I have not seen them at card shows. Beckett is not helping when they are not being priced due to scarcity. Any helpful hints on how to research them?

He is not going to change his prices because he doesnt mind keeping them if he doesnt get what he wants.

Researching takes time and patience. You need to check closed aucitons for any preview cards of his. If you cant find any of his you look for some of jimmie johnson or junior that might be similar in price.

You try to find driver specific collectors that buy these kind of cards and ask them what price they think is fair. to do that you will have to find alternate sites with collectors on them.

beckett cant really make a fair book value on these rare cards because they are all over the map. i just bought a pearson 1/1 solo card for 13.00 last year it would have been 60.00 next year it could be back up to 80.00

you also need to realize if any of the previews are 2 years or older he may have had to pay near that for them. I have seen burton previews go as high as 80.00 i paid 85.00 ffor a pearson once.

theres no easy answer. but it really comes down to what your willing to pay.
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

(01-27-2012, 10:40 PM)rhonstar42 Wrote: How do I research them when these are usually never up for sale and I have not seen them at card shows. Beckett is not helping when they are not being priced due to scarcity. Any helpful hints on how to research them?
They have all sold before. But ebay only goes so far back. Not sure if there is a way to go back further or not but I doubt it.
What shelby said is probably the most helpful.
Hope you get some cards you like!

All great advice. I have bought multiple items from a seller and I try to get some type of discount on the total price.
(01-27-2012, 11:17 PM)shelbysaleen Wrote: He is not going to change his prices because he doesnt mind keeping them if he doesnt get what he wants.

Researching takes time and patience. You need to check closed aucitons for any preview cards of his. If you cant find any of his you look for some of jimmie johnson or junior that might be similar in price.

You try to find driver specific collectors that buy these kind of cards and ask them what price they think is fair. to do that you will have to find alternate sites with collectors on them.

beckett cant really make a fair book value on these rare cards because they are all over the map. i just bought a pearson 1/1 solo card for 13.00 last year it would have been 60.00 next year it could be back up to 80.00

you also need to realize if any of the previews are 2 years or older he may have had to pay near that for them. I have seen burton previews go as high as 80.00 i paid 85.00 ffor a pearson once.

theres no easy answer. but it really comes down to what your willing to pay.
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

All good advise, but I have looked at past auctions to get prices. This same seller has had a lot of Jimmie Johnson #1/1 and /5s, but they are not listed as high as the Gordon. You really can not compare Gordon, Johnson and DEJ price wise. I have found a few other sellers over the years that are on the look out for certain cards for me only to rip me off when they do find a card. I collect a few other drivers and a seller knows that, so if he finds a card that he knows I might want he will deal with other sellers to get it and then jack up the price to try and sell it to me. I know everyone like to make a little money, but come on now! Story time! It is against eBay policy to convince a seller to end an auction and deal outside of eBay, but it is done all the time, even though ebay does not enforce it. I was watching an auction on eBay of a certain driver with the card being numbered with that drivers door # and was going to start bidding on the final day of the auction, well, the seller ended the auction before it's completion. Three days later I get an e-mail from this guy saying he found a card that he thought I would interested in since it was that drivers door number. He said he would like to know if I would pay $200 for it, I asked him where he found it and he flat out lied to me and said he traded for it. I had already e-mailed the eBay seller of the card and asked why he ended the auction and he said he sold it for $35 to a guy that was interested in it and since the bidding on the auction was not that high he accepted the offer. I emailed him back after I got the offer from the guy who he sold it to and told him how much the guy was offering it to me and he was amazed! He said he would no longer end auctions early. Well, I did not buy it at that time and he said if I was not interested in it he was going to put it on eBay. He did and I won it for $40!! Well, I got is for less than I thought I would, but if I did not see the original auction, I would have gone a lot higher. Sorry, for the long story, I just want to get the cards I am interested in for the right price.

Thats the name of the game for a lot of ebay sellers, they buy stuff low and put it back on for a higher price.
And the crazy thing is people buy them at their BIN store prices...
I was in a pinch and sold some JJ flag cards /20, 4 of them. Not one of them sold for more than 10 and the guy who bought them relisted them in his store for 24.99 and they all sold. Guess I shoulda done a BIN lol.

I have no problem with anyone buying off of eBay and then reselling them and making money. I have a problem with people not following the rules as in the case I described above, where he convinced a seller to end his auction early to buy it outside of eBay. That same guy has contacted me several more times with cards and I just told him I am not interested and either bidded on them or not. He was very upset at me when I called him out on the above incident, he knew he had been caught!