`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Showoffs, Shoutouts, and Swan Songs

Showoffs, Shoutouts, and Swan Songs
Hey folks, I just wanted to swing by with my last thread for awhile because I'm going to be taking an extended break from the hobby. I'll surely sign in on occasion to lurk and tie up any loose ends but for the most part I won't be trading or posting anymore.

Before I jet, here's one last showoff and shout out thread because I can't leave without chronicling the generosity and good will that against growing odds still typifies the best in this community. In what should come as a surprise to no one, rayeates inspired this post when he sent two gifts containing 07-08 O-Pee-Chee that I've long needed for my set, including this Bobby Ryan:

[Image: RyanOPCRCSilver.jpg]

It's my first Silver parallel of a marquee player from the 07-08 rookie class (see what I did there with the word play) since Winnik, Barch, and Brady Murray had been all I'd managed 'til now. I need the Black parallel /100 for the complete rainbow, but the card bolsters my small Bobby Ryan mini collection which includes this recent beauty from the inimitable pens1fan:

[Image: RyanSPxRC.jpg]

...and also these (click to enlarge thumbnails):

[Image: th_RyanPatch.jpg][Image: th_BobbyRyanUltimateSigs.jpg]

Among the 1 insert (putting me 9 away from the 100-card insert set) and 8 Micromotion needs I found in my care package was this Dan Boyle:

[Image: DanBoyleMicromotion.jpg]

It joins the base card and the Micromotion Black /100 base card parallel for a complete rainbow. Since I'm unable to show you the rainbow right now, here are the other highlights of my Boyle PC:

[Image: th_BoyleBAPShowstamp-1.jpg][Image: th_BoyleSuperstarScripts-1.jpg][Image: th_BoyleSigSensations-1.jpg][Image: th_BoyleCertifiedauto.jpg]

Micromotion parallels are shinier versions of the base set. Thanks to you-know-who, I've got the last 4 gnawing cards missing from the 500 card base set (+100 RCs), a set that is now complete. This Semin is card #500, the symbolic set killer:

[Image: SeminOPCbase.jpg]

Changing gears, this card just arrived from Down Under:

[Image: PKaneSPApatchauto.jpg]

jowlsisacanucksfan really floored me with this trade and seeing the card for the first time almost made me want to start collecting again. But instead it'll mark the last high dollar acquisition, a fine way to round out the Patrick Kane mini collection:

[Image: th_KaneFightstrap.jpg][Image: th_PKane.jpg][Image: th_PatrickKaneIceRC.jpg]

While we're on the topic of Canucks fans, here's another monster courtesy of the great Wings collector dragik:

[Image: 3FS.jpg]

I had planned to trade it only for a Kane/Toews/Hossa from the same set but if that doesn't happen, I can think of a guy who could someday use this.

Thanks again to those friends mentioned and unmentioned for the cards and comments. In a sea of cynicism and frustration, your genuine good nature is an unshakeable island on which I have long sought refuge. When (if?) I get back, I hope to see you holding down the fort here, optimistic as ever with some major mojo and earth-shattering trades to share.

-RiceBondsMntna2Young
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

RE: Showoffs, Shoutouts, and Swan Songs
Umm... WHAT?!?! You are leaving us? I am so sorry to hear this, Al! Thank you for the great shout-out, but it saddens me to see such an integral part of our community leaving. Your Secret Santa was amazing, and your contributions to this side of the hobby has been brilliant! Having you leave is like losing the big-brother of the Hockey Boards.

Well, if there is no stopping it, then I guess the only thing that we can do is wish you nothing but the best! The cards that you have posted up there (Triple Fight Strap and that Kane SPA Patch/AU) are amazing, and I am glad to have been able to help you nail the rest of the 2007-08 OPC base set, and a few of the inserts and parallels.

May the path forward bring you great fortunes. It surely has been an honor to have met you her in the Beckett Community, and I thank you for all of the incredible efforts you have put forth into making the Hockey Boards the best community on the site. Bravo, my good man!

Randi

Hey, sad to see you go! As far as zlast show off threads go, that Kane is a BEAST! Its a shame youre leaving, i guess sometimes in life we have to prioritize and make sure that we are happy. I really hope to see you around soon, you're a stand up trader, and just an all round good guy, the boards are truly losing a great asset.

All the best in all of your future endeavours brother, and if/when you decide to come back, you can rest assured that the core faithful will always be here to welcome you back with open arms. Take it easy Champ. Smile
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

Al: Hopefully your sabbatical from the hobby is short lived, as, like everyone else has stated, your contributions to the boards here, particularily your Secret Santa Thread, have been amazing! I look forward to your future visits and again, hope your break is a short one!
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

Alan please say it ain't so!!! You are one of the reasons I stayed on Beckett. Always love your post, and by the way you have some GREAT cards, really love that Kane. That is one special card.
I have had the pleasure of doing several trades with you and you are one of the best traders around. Like Randi said I will be saddened by you leaving, you will be missed, very much. I wish you happiness in all your future ventures and thanks for being not only a great trader but a great friend.

Walt
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

Always hate seeing such a well respected trader on here! With the recent scum coming in trying to ruin this hobby, it will make your absence that much worse.

Though we never made any trades, I always liked reading what you had to say and seeing your collections. Make mine look like some rookie collector!

Hope we see you back sooner than rather; that itch usually bites collectors and they can't stay away long!
[Image: ducksbann.png]

Collecting
2010-11 SP Authentic Future Watch Autos 30/62 = 48.38%
Cam Fowler Count: 32

Photobucket Link
http://photobucket.com/DucksFan87

(01-23-2012, 06:55 PM)pens1fan Wrote: You are one of the reasons I stayed on Beckett.
First, I would like to echo the above. I do hope you're back in the not-too-distant future. If not, farewell, you've definitely been one of the good ones.
Second, that Kane patch is pretty ridicusick, but that fight strap card is unbediculous.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

All the best on the next portion of your journey on this trip we call life. I look forward to your return, when it happens. Take care.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

I havent known you very long but from what Ive seen, youre a real class act and an important member of the community. Youll surely be missed, come back soon.

Amazing cards btw, way to go out on a high note!

cheers

-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

Hope all is well and that this is a choice rather then a need to leave the hobby.

Great cards posted by a great trader and a huge part of these forums.

Best of luck in the future and hope to see you back soon.

Scott
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr