`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can YOU do to increase flow of card sales/trades???

RE: What can YOU do to increase flow of card sales/trades???
(01-21-2012, 02:24 AM)branesergen Wrote: Work. If someone has JT cards that you want and you dont have anything they want then work on getting what they want. Make them an offer they cant refuse of cards they actually want. If someone has a Magic card I need and I approach them with a bunch of cards they actually want, 9 times out of 10 I get the card I want. If I expect them to find something to take for it out of what I have then 9 times out of 10 I get a cancelled trade. If I have 15 JT's you want go out and get me a Magic card or a DT card that I would like in place of the JT's. Otherwise its not worth my time and shipping money to take other cards I dont want. Then I'm stuck with more cards I dont want and I'm out $2 and I'll be out another $2 when I get rid of them, and most likely even more cards I dont want.
Agreed.
That is a reason I cancel a lot of trades. People sending me offers for cards I don't even want.

I mean it costs $1.75 to ship cards. Why waste the money If I am only gonna try and have to trade what I got from YOU.

(01-21-2012, 02:40 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Agreed.
That is a reason I cancel a lot of trades. People sending me offers for cards I don't even want.

I mean it costs $1.75 to ship cards. Why waste the money If I am only gonna try and have to trade what I got from YOU.
Why not sell them for a $1.00 in a PWE? Or allow the trader to send you a SASE? There are ways around it but people still dont want to deal with it. I want to change that.

Also I think I did a bad job explaining myself considering the direction the thread has gone now. People are coming at me like Im whining and that isnt it.

I want everyone to trade 2X as much. Buy 2X as much. Sell 2X as much. That way everyone gets to add more to their PCs. How can we make this happen?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(01-21-2012, 02:47 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Why not sell them for a $1.00 in a PWE? Or allow the trader to send you a SASE? There are ways around it but people still dont want to deal with it. I want to change that.

Also I think I did a bad job explaining myself considering the direction the thread has gone now. People are coming at me like Im whining and that isnt it.

I want everyone to trade 2X as much. Buy 2X as much. Sell 2X as much. That way everyone gets to add more to their PCs. How can we make this happen?
I'm home for 1 week a month - Your $1 or SASE or even $20 is not worth me digging them out and "wasting" what little time I have at home for $1 or $20. Now if you got a Daniel Thomas card I want then its worth it. Smile Rude, I know and would I actually do that? No - I would take the time and dig them out but many wont. Its the society we live in today.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(01-21-2012, 02:47 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Why not sell them for a $1.00 in a PWE? Or allow the trader to send you a SASE? There are ways around it but people still dont want to deal with it. I want to change that.

I am not saying you are whining. I got your point.

But also. Why would I wanna trade a card I have for ..... oh i don't know.... Alright a Alex Smith...... Now you have a card YOU want. But I have a card I now have to trade away............

Now see. JUST thought of this.

Baker aren't you the one I was trying to work out a trade with for a few Marino's I have. Now If I traded the Marino's to you as a even trade. BUT I had to pick cards I don't WANT. Yeah you are happy you got a few Marino's for the PC ... ME on the other hand I have to try and trade those cards I traded to you for cards I want.............

I have been collecting since the rookie card WAS the hit. I still collect rookies. I still try and put complete sets together even if it is the base set w/o SPs. I enjoy all of my cards. Therefore I keep all my cards until the time comes where I see something I really want and have to figure out what it is gonna take to get it.

When I make a trade post I do it in hopes of finding something "I" want. I just traded 3 autos for 1 press pass auto because "I" wanted the auto. Just because someone might REALLY want a card I posted does not mean I have to settle for something I do not really want.

Worse case, my children or grand children will have to figure out what in the h#$# they are gonna do with all these 4 and 5 row boxes I leave behind.
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

When I see a card I want I offer 160% to 200% or go out and buy a card that the person "might" want on ebay. I have offered SASE's with cards, or even cash & SASE's to make it beyond easy for traders.

I understand that $3 shipping for bubble envelope and DC is retarded for a $3 to $10BV PC card.

Alot of people talk crap about PWE's but I think they are fine with a cardsaver and a team bag. Sure maybe 3% of the time a card may get damaged but last time I checked 100 x 2.50 = alot more then the $5 $8 dollars in Sale Value for the 3 damaged cards out of 100 shipments. Shipping costs kill trades more then anything else. 99% of all cards on the market individually aren't worth the cost of shipping.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

interesting thread, and I understand quite a few of your points bkman Smile

I would like to throw this one in for all to consider ..... "trading" is a rather broad term .....

if someone sends me a trade for Jim Bob Billy Bob, and he doesn't have anything I want in return 95% of the time I'll cancel the trade but ..... if JBBB is a player that I have no interest in collecting, when I come across his cards later on I'll throw em in a pile, and then throw em in the Post the next time I go.

do I want to look through someones org for base etc. I want ..... no, honestly I would just rather chuck a bunch of cards in the mail and make someone happy vs. looking through someones 90,000+ card org Wink

if it costs me $5 to make someones day so be it.

"Maildays" don't always have to be high end cards IMHO ..... a lot of folks still really appreciate the thought that you remembered them when you send them the base and inserts from your latest breaks.

just my $.02 Smile

You can't. You very simply can't. You cannot change everyone's nature. I collect the way I collect, and you won't change that. I would assume that is the same for everyone else. I am going to do what makes me happy as far as selling/trading goes. After all, that's why we are all here! Also- that "if you don't like the price, don't buy it" argument was mine, and I am about 99.8% logical, .2% emotional. I will never have every Arian Foster out there. Other people have some they won't give up. Other people will pull them and keep them in the future. Some will list them BIN/OBO for 10x book value. I understand all of that, and I don't care. I've learned to look at the cards I have rather than looking at what I don't have. You do what you want with your cards, I'll do what I want with mine...

Also Pbean, you might want to start holding on to those. Jim Bob Billy Bob had a breakout year! Lol

I understand your post.I really do. I collect scrubs and even my scrubs tend to be overpriced by some folks. The main reason They know I collect them. By putting out who we collect it leaves us in a vulnerable spot. It lets the Other person know they possibly have something we want. The $$ start flashing in their eyes. Which is why some folks offer me a Sherrod Martin insert at $20 shipped. Yes I said Sherrod Martin. Which is the same reason I got taken in a trade , A Trade I should have not done, over a Stefan Lefors Sp Authentic Gold. Its the same reason they get mad or blow you off the minute they find out you have their $$$ (well in their mind atleast) Possibility card. All traders including myself are trying to get the most for their cards.

Now some do this to make money. Myself I am looking for the most Pc cards I can get in a deal. Which is why I try to trade for only PC guys now. Does this slow down trading yes. And I am really sorry I am adding to this problem but I can honestly say I am doing it because 90% of my Trade bucket is from other trades I did so that people could get Pc items for their collection. Stuff I now have to give away on another site.

As for Prices Blame ebay and SV. Ebay while creating a larger market for collector it also created a Greed factor. People want to buy cheap and sale high. Which sounds like the stock market. Heck even when trading they want to trade at cheap sv prices yet say theirs is a Higher value then what the last ones sold for. Does it work yes for High Dollar cards. But for Guys who collect scrubs no. And unfortunately its getting harder for these type of people to differentiate the difference between a scrub a has been a never going to be and a Good slightly great player.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

I absolutely agree with this except I dont do number 4

On a side note baker you came to me to trade the other day and what you wanted I told you I wouldn't give. You then selected more and I tried to work with you only in the end for you so say no and then to once again ask for what I told you I wouldn't trade you which resulted ultimately for me as a waste of time after I tried to work with you.
(01-20-2012, 08:51 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I disagree with everything.

1. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.
2. If you don't like the terms of the trade, don't do it.
3. If you would have sent me a trade offer for a Jason Taylor base card, I would have cancelled it also. If I am going to spend the time, money, and effort to ship a trade, it has to be worth my while. Because it is listed FT, doesn't mean it is FT for any card with the same BV.
4. I am extremely selective and I bust wax every week. I don't sell the hits, because I like them. However if I did- I bought the box. I will sell it for whatever price I like. (See #1)

The moral of the story is this: your cards are yours. Do with them what you like. I won't tell you what you should sell them for, I won't tell you what you should trade them for, I won't even tell you IF you should sell or trade them. I have a huge "hoard pile". They won't be going anywhere soon.

To sum up: this is a HOBBY. I don't care if anyone "slows the flow of the hobby". I won't tell them what to do with their stuff and I would expect the same courtesy in return.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.