`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage Set You Used To Dislike That Has Grown On You?

Vintage Set You Used To Dislike That Has Grown On You?
I've noticed over the years that my tastes change as far as set designs go. I used to dislike '75 Topps but now it is one of my favorite sets. I also used to dislike '55 Bowman because I thought the TV design was cheesy but when you think about the history and how TV was so new at that time, it gives you (at least me) a better appreciation for the cards. I always have and I still do dislike '72 Topps. I know a lot of people love that set but I'm just not feeling it. Same with '70 Topps. Not a fan of the grey borders.

So anyway, what are the sets that you used to dislike but have grown to love?
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

RE: Vintage Set You Used To Dislike That Has Grown On You?
Has to be the 62 set. I hated it for years, but it has slowly grown on me. And I guess with it being this year's heritage set, that helped push me towards the like column.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

Not sure I dislike any vintage.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

I wouldn't use the word dislike. The 64' topps never got my attention. I thought that it was a simple design. Out of nowhere, I wanted to do the set. Now, I really enjoy looking at those cards. They still have a simple design for me, but have some eye appeal.

I never used to be a fan of the '54 Bowman set. Not that I didn't dislike it, but it was near the bottom of my [Image: facebook-like-button-image.png] list.

Over time though, I've grown to have a real appreciation for it and will pick some up from time to time. It's actually much more affordable than I would have thought as well.

EDIT: Just remembered this one, I thought T207 was the ugliest set ever spawned. Now, I love the things!

1961 Fleer football. Never liked it until I decided to build it.
Photobucket

The Topps 1965 set - until I saw the Ernie Banks. Now I have a number of HoFers and Tigers from that set.

I never liked the T200 Fatima cards or the T202 Hassan, Now! thats all I want! I find the T206 to be too common.